The Student Room Group

Co-op jib interview

Job***
I have a co-op job interview in the next coming days, anything i should prepare for? What do they usually ask?
(Never had a job interview before)
Original post by Emilywardnn
Job***
I have a co-op job interview in the next coming days, anything i should prepare for? What do they usually ask?
(Never had a job interview before)

For very menial jobs (I assume you're applying to be working on the shop floor), they won't ask you any particularly-challenging questions but rather extremely general questions, such as the reasons you want to work there, and how you would handle certain situations (e.g. if you are busy stacking shelves and a customer approaches you to ask the location of an item). You can't really prepare much, other than making sure you know why you want to work there (and you probably shouldn't say "for the money", however true it may be) and remember to use your common sense. As it's a customer-service oriented job, they are also likely to ask for an example of when you have provided exemplary customer service in the past.

There's no need to get stressed out about this; just be relaxed and charismatic as possible and hope for the best. Good luck :smile:
Hi, whilst this is not really answering your question, I have also applied for a job at Co-Op. I did the online test and I got back a report and an email saying they’ll contact me to update me on the progress of my application, just wondering if that’s the email you got which means I passed the online test? Good luck for your interview :smile:
Ah ok, thank you! Let us know on here if you pass uoie interview if you don’t mind- I could really use some tips hahah :smile:
Hey, I've recently left co-op the interview is straight forward, answering questions on when you've worked in a team and giving examples on the scenario, honestly the pay is really good, training is appalling, all in all - good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending