Is btec business really hard? Watch

eva666
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m about to take BTEC Level 3 business & marketing and I’m wondering how hard it is? If it’s like super hard as how people make it out o be?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eva666)
I’m about to take BTEC Level 3 business & marketing and I’m wondering how hard it is? If it’s like super hard as how people make it out o be?
It's a really subjective question. I understand you are here to look for reassurance but the answers here are unlikely to help you.

(1) If everyone says it's easy, it doesn't mean you will find it easy
(2) If everyone finds it hard, it still doesn't mean you will find it hard!

Just go for it if you wanted to do it, and try your best - that's all you can do!

Good luck.
LeMetalhead
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's about how much effort you're willing to put in, if you take notes during lessons, keep up with assignment schedules and do your research right you'll be alright. Oh and if you're struggling with anything talk to your lecturers, they are arguably the most valuable tool to your learning.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the course, I'm starting the second year of the course in September
JJBL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I recently finished the exact course your about to undertake and achieved D* D* D* (not trying to brag). Here is my personal opinion which hopefully can be of some use to you.

The course will be hard if:

You don't utilise the material your teachers provide for each unit and you just wing the assignment and don't answer the specific questions you're being asked to answer.
You hate sitting at a computer and can't write 2-3 page assignments which will be required.
You let the coursework get on top of you and you become demotivated as you'l have to put in more effort to catch up.
If you don't have some form of interest in the subject at hand, you may find the work boring and start to miss deadlines.

My opinion is that the course isn't hard but it isn't easy, it's in-between. if you have a good work ethic and can interpret the information given coherently, you should be fine.

(this is obviously subjective)

eva666
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Did you take business & marketing? I’m very good at typing and writing essays on the computer, prefer much more than exams and i got a distinction in my business gcse
(Original post by JJBL)
I recently finished the exact course your about to undertake and achieved D* D* D* (not trying to brag). Here is my personal opinion which hopefully can be of some use to you.

The course will be hard if:

You don't utilise the material your teachers provide for each unit and you just wing the assignment and don't answer the specific questions you're being asked to answer.
You hate sitting at a computer and can't write 2-3 page assignments which will be required.
You let the coursework get on top of you and you become demotivated as you'l have to put in more effort to catch up.
If you don't have some form of interest in the subject at hand, you may find the work boring and start to miss deadlines.

My opinion is that the course isn't hard but it isn't easy, it's in-between. if you have a good work ethic and can interpret the information given coherently, you should be fine.

(this is obviously subjective)
khana2424
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
its really the depends on how much work you are willing to put in and be dead on with the assignment dates in order to avoid stress as lots of work is needed.
JJBL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you take business & marketing? I’m very good at typing and writing essays on the computer, prefer much more than exams and i got a distinction in my business gcse
yeah it was business and marketing and i got a D in GCSE Business. i'm sure you'll be fine.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Business is not difficult...

Business is only difficult when you don't engage with the topic at hand.

Heading into 3rd Year management Uni of Nottingham. And it still isn't hard. So that BTEC won't be too difficult.
JJBL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The thing is you say that, but everyone varies in their ability. Some individuals may find it hard and some won't.
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Business is not difficult...

Business is only difficult when you don't engage with the topic at hand.

Heading into 3rd Year management Uni of Nottingham. And it still isn't hard. So that BTEC won't be too difficult.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
True but not sure what your point is?
Or why you even made the comment to deduce the most obvious fact on the planet. Unless your one of those few that found it hard...im confused 😕
(Original post by JJBL)
The thing is you say that, but everyone varies in their ability. Some individuals may find it hard and some won't.
JJBL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My point is you can't just say "business is not difficult". Towards the end of the second year, 50% of my class dropped out. Therefore, it isn't as easy as you presume. No i didn't find it hard, because my ability differed to those in the class. Enjoy being in vast amounts of debt from uni, when employers value experience over qualifications. I rest my case.

True but not sure what your point is?
Or why you even made the comment to deduce the most obvious fact on the planet. Unless your one of those few that found it hard...im confused 😕
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait you didn't go to uni.

That's a shame... And im sure my RG degree isn't worth the money.. But I'll take it, because it's nice to have and i get to tell my kids I'm university educated. You can hand them your CV and tell them to study hard. Best of luck.
(Original post by JJBL)
My point is you can't just say "business is not difficult". Towards the end of the second year, 50% of my class dropped out. Therefore, it isn't as easy as you presume. No i didn't find it hard, because my ability differed to those in the class. Enjoy being in vast amounts of debt from uni, when employers value experience over qualifications. I rest my case.
JJBL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have 168 UCAS points, therefore if i wish to go to uni and get a respectable degree then i can at any time. I'll have experience in the industry i'm interested within and have a degree. Firstly, i wouldn't consider someone who has a RG degree 'university educated' for starters, there's a reason you find it so easy. If you knew even a pin drop of business in general, you would of realised this.
Wait you didn't go to uni.

That's a shame... And im sure my RG degree isn't worth the money.. But I'll take it, because it's nice to have and i get to tell my kids I'm university educated. You can hand them your CV and tell them to study hard. Best of luck.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeahhh, your attacking someone who has nearly completed a degree with i could go if i wanted and UCAS points....pretty sad man.

I'm two full education levels ahead of you in knowledge.

I do know quite abit about business, but theres also alot i don't know... You see and that's the difference between someone who has been to university realising, they don't know it all and someone like you clutching on to some UCAS points... Believing they are educated and don't need uni. Sounds like working class logic to me.
(Original post by JJBL)
I have 168 UCAS points, therefore if i wish to go to uni and get a respectable degree then i can at any time. I'll have experience in the industry i'm interested within and have a degree. Firstly, i wouldn't consider someone who has a RG degree 'university educated' for starters, there's a reason you find it so easy. If you knew even a pin drop of business in general, you would of realised this.
JJBL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I never indicated that i was 'educated' i was just explaining to you that i can still go to university if i wish to do so and that your previous point made was invalid. I'm not claiming that i know it all, obviously that isn't the case. 'i'm two full education levels ahead of you in knowledge', and yes that is the case academically. Are you asking for a gold medal or something? ask any extremely successful business owners, they will tell you that most of what they teach you is useless and won't actually be applicable. You probably haven't even been taught how to buy and sell a business, or use money in a effective manner. you can say 'working class logic' all you want, i'd rather take my information regarding business from those who are successful at business at hand, instead of a professor who's broke and in vast amounts of debt. If professors were so good at business, they wouldn't be a professor in the first place.

Look this is kind of a petty discussion / argument anyway. If you want to know the truth, watch this video. Thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qt64XLtMJE&t=1001s

Yeahhh, your attacking someone who has nearly completed a degree with i could go if i wanted and UCAS points....pretty sad man.

I'm two full education levels ahead of you in knowledge.

I do know quite abit about business, but theres also alot i don't know... You see and that's the difference between someone who has been to university realising, they don't know it all and someone like you clutching on to some UCAS points... Believing they are educated and don't need uni. Sounds like working class logic to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.51%
Excited (93)
9.17%
Worried (190)
18.74%
Terrified (230)
22.68%
Meh (78)
7.69%
Confused (27)
2.66%