RenLong
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey,

What degree level do you graduate with from a vet med degree in the UK? i.e. level 6 like other bachelors degree?

I study grad entry vet med and am looking at applying for Advancer Learner Loans but unsure if the course is eligible. If anyone else has done this process I would be grateful for the insight.

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RenLong)
Hey,

What degree level do you graduate with from a vet med degree in the UK? i.e. level 6 like other bachelors degree?

I study grad entry vet med and am looking at applying for Advancer Learner Loans but unsure if the course is eligible. If anyone else has done this process I would be grateful for the insight.

Thanks
Advanced Learner Loans are FE funding. Vet Met is HE - you can’t use an ALL towards HE fees.
RenLong
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ah I see. It does say you can use it for level 3 to 6 qualifications, which a bachelors degree is?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RenLong)
Ah I see. It does say you can use it for level 3 to 6 qualifications, which a bachelors degree is?
FE qualifications (BTECs/NVQs etc) go up to level 6. I'm afraid the government website isn't explicit about the difference. That's buried in the detail:
https://assets.publishing.service.go...to_2020_v1.pdf para 17
"17. We will not designate a qualification that falls into one of the following categories.
" It is part of HE provision – for example, a degree, a higher national qualification or
a level 5 diploma in education and training"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (26)
27.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.47%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.53%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.26%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise