Should i study full time or part time Watch

Melissagrace1998
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you ! your advice has been brilliant. I think i might do that actually sounds like a good idea. ☺☺

How many hours a week would u say you spent studying or doing assignment ??? do Have any idea ...?
(Original post by FinallyFinished)
I've just finished the Education Studies (Primary) degree through the OU. Lots of us studied fulltime and a lot of people were working fulltime as TAs too. It's tough and you'd need to be very organised and willing to give up most of your social life between October and June each year...but it is doable. My advice would be to study fulltime for level 1 and 2 and swap to part time for level 3. It would take 4 years but allow you to really do your best at level 3 when it counts the most. Good luck whatever you decide.
Last edited by Melissagrace1998; 3 weeks ago
FinallyFinished
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The hours each week vary. Year 1, and even Year 2, I found I often didn't need the number of hours they suggested (they say 28-36 hrs/wk if studying fulltime) unless there was an assignment due. However, in Year 3 some weeks were full on, especially when 2 assignments were due, and I went well over. Everyone's different though and some people seemed to zoom through their work in half the suggested time while others were up 'til 2am each night! There are OU forums where tutors and other students can support you but also unofficial Facebook and WhatsApp groups which loads of people join and find really useful.
(Original post by Melissagrace1998)
Thank you ! your advice has been brilliant. I think i might do that actually sounds like a good idea. ☺☺

How many hours a week would u say you spent studying or doing assignment ??? do Have any idea ...?
Melissagrace1998
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you your advice is extremely helpful
(Original post by FinallyFinished)
The hours each week vary. Year 1, and even Year 2, I found I often didn't need the number of hours they suggested (they say 28-36 hrs/wk if studying fulltime) unless there was an assignment due. However, in Year 3 some weeks were full on, especially when 2 assignments were due, and I went well over. Everyone's different though and some people seemed to zoom through their work in half the suggested time while others were up 'til 2am each night! There are OU forums where tutors and other students can support you but also unofficial Facebook and WhatsApp groups which loads of people join and find really useful.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Melissagrace1998)
Hello thank you for the information it's a route I have not looked into yet. However i do work 30 hours so unfortunately this route wouldn't work for me as I couldn't attend a brick university and would need to study outside my working hours which has made me look into the open university
Thank you for the reply,

In this case we wish you the best of luck and hope some of the other posts in this forum has been helpful in providing further information about the Open University.

Tom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise