Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by S.A.M123)
Can someone please spill some tea and let me know what he’s abouta do
He's going to make it so hot tomorrow, it will break the all time UK temperature record.
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If Trump hasn't already started ww3 lol
(Original post by ecolier)
He's going to make it so hot tomorrow it will break the all time UK temperature record.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No idea. But he's odds on to do something different from what he says he's going to do. Apparently we aregoing to get 20,000 new police officers. I'm going to place a sizable bet now that that is a lie.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Today he entertained, PMQs morphed into Shakespearean theatre
(50:50 - 52.42 is best bit)
In case you, like me didn't know:
Tergiversation: evasion of straightforward action or clear-cut statement
Last edited by NJA; 4 weeks ago
DigitalSheppard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think anyone knows specifically what he plans to do - especially given his track record in creative fact interpretation.

However, regarding Brexit - the main thing occupying this government - he will probably deliver a no-deal Brexit. After all, if we don't have Brexit by Halloween, he will face a lot of flak from his party members. The sheer ramifications of this on the British economy would be dire but I don't see the EU willing to change strategy.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Boris v Corbyn & McDonald yesterday was like Ali v Williams
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
No idea. But he's odds on to do something different from what he says he's going to do. Apparently we aregoing to get 20,000 new police officers. I'm going to place a sizable bet now that that is a lie.
We may get 20,000 new ones, but not over three years, and in that time some will have retired. There was a recruitment push in the early 1980s and then in the early 2000s, and some of these will be retiring from the police.
AnonStudentABC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As long as he doesn't announce that the one solution to Brexit is "we need to build a wall" then I don't mind.

Honestly the heat is more bothersome at the moment than he is.
lowen13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One of his main campaign promises was to basically give a tax cut to the rich. He's hoping it will be a trickle-down economy, the rich being richer should make everyone wealthier, etc. but there's no proof that works, it is only an economic theory.

At the moment, anyone earning over £50,000 is taxed at 40% on that income, under Borris he wants to increase that to £80,000.

Oh, and on the 31st of October, he has promised to bring about the apocalypse if there is no deal.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
We may get 20,000 new ones, but not over three years, and in that time some will have retired. There was a recruitment push in the early 1980s and then in the early 2000s, and some of these will be retiring from the police.
Of course. It is a classic bullsh1t politican line. Promose the earth in a lie knowing that at the point you will be judged, something else will be going on.
Incidentally, this is what Boris had to say about the Labour party electing Gordon Brown as PM without a mandate from the people.

"It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people.

It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud."

Kettle meet the pot.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AnonStudentABC)
As long as he doesn't announce that the one solution to Brexit is "we need to build a wall" then I don't mind.
Boris is a bridge man, not a wall man.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ss-the-channel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47228698

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...idge-1.3944545
lol.yolo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
He wants to keep voters happy to try to save the Conservative party, he's saying no snap election (which would be stupid) but with a majority of 2 he won't be able to get anything through if he leaves it (which would also be stupid. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't; his only hope is to try and attract voters to the tories again+ appeal to Brexit party supporters.)
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lol.yolo)
He wants to keep voters happy to try to save the Conservative party, he's saying no snap election (which would be stupid) but with a majority of 2 he won't be able to get anything through if he leaves it (which would also be stupid. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't; his only hope is to try and attract voters to the tories again+ appeal to Brexit party supporters.)
Very true, but it appears to be working already.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rty-poll-shows
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I felt a bit sorry for Boris today, he looked a bit haggard after is is trip to the Scots and the Welsh and his conversation with the Irish prime minister during his attempt to build relations with the provinces.

I wonder if he feels alone or with his cabinet will bolster him back to bounding Boris.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Very true, but it appears to be working already.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rty-poll-shows
New PMs get a bounce. Major, Brown and May all did and Boris' bounce is the weakest of the four (I think).

The real problem is that UKIP were down and out in 2017 (1.8% of the vote) so Boris is fighting the Brexit Party simply to get back to the mediocre position of 2017.

Corbyn is less popular than in 2017 but it is unclear whether the shift in votes from Labour and the Tories to the Lib Dems produces a net benefit to the Tories in seats. My suspicion is Boris is engaged in the classic losers' strategy of piling up voters where they can't help him at the expense of votes where he needs them.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
I felt a bit sorry for Boris today, he looked a bit haggard after is is trip to the Scots and the Welsh and his conversation with the Irish prime minister during his attempt to build relations with the provinces.

I wonder if he feels alone or with his cabinet will bolster him back to bounding Boris.
I'm not sure whoever has planned his itinerary has done him any favours. I think he should have been seen with some adoring crowds in the heartlands of Brexit rather than being whisked out of Sturgeon's tradesmans' entrance. He also needs to be closer to his team. He has set them off with what they thought was the strategy only for Boris to disown Gove which didn't look good.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
he's probably going to cheat on his girlfriend
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Baron of Sealand; 3 weeks ago
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
New PMs get a bounce. Major, Brown and May all did and Boris' bounce is the weakest of the four (I think).

The real problem is that UKIP were down and out in 2017 (1.8% of the vote) so Boris is fighting the Brexit Party simply to get back to the mediocre position of 2017.

Corbyn is less popular than in 2017 but it is unclear whether the shift in votes from Labour and the Tories to the Lib Dems produces a net benefit to the Tories in seats. My suspicion is Boris is engaged in the classic losers' strategy of piling up voters where they can't help him at the expense of votes where he needs them.
Whilst this may be true these are not directly comparable cases, the other 3 mentioned only had Labour/Conservative to worry about realistically as Lib/Dems and UKIP were down and out when May took office and Lib/Dems were a distant 3rd at the time of Brown's and Major's ascents.
There are stronger, polarising forces driving political beliefs these days so shifts in opinions are less likely.
Having said that I still believe opinion polls are to be taken with a pinch of salt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.57%
Excited (156)
9.17%
Worried (305)
17.92%
Terrified (379)
22.27%
Meh (165)
9.69%
Confused (37)
2.17%