The Student Room Group

Body hair

Ive seen similar posts from years ago, but i wanted some advice specific to me.
So basically im a girl, and on parts of my belly, boobs and arms are really hairy. Im 20, and ive never really done anything about it because i know shaving makes it worse but its coming to a point where its making me not feel confident about my body and im covering myself up so people dont notice which is *****y. Id rather feel great about myself and so ive therefore decided i want rid. Shaving is out for obvious reasons. Id probably prefer to wax, but even though i have A Lot of a hair, its really thin, tiny bits so i really dont think waxing would work (am i wrong?) The other thing i was thinking was hair removal cream. Ive used it before on my legs, im just worried incase that also affects and increasing future hair growth or w.e...i dont really know...
So i guess what im asking is; how do i get rid of the body hair i dont like when it doesnt seem like ive got enough to wax? Or do i?
Also, there have been the odd thicker hairs, so them i pluck but again most hairs are too thin and small to do that effectively with...and my hair colour is dark and so are the hairs :/ before anyone mentions, im really not into bleaching hair lighter. I want total rid of it, not just making it less noticeable
Thanks in advance!
you could use an epilator for the wee hairs- has a similar effect to waxing but I think could pick up the smaller hairs better
have hears it's pretty sore though
you could just try waxing and see how it goes (maybe sugar waxing- don't know if that would be any better at picking up hairs).
consistent waxing will rid the hair, if not laser would be good if youve got pale skin and dark hair you can get at home lasers too :smile: i have the same issue too x
I think that if you really want to get rid if it the best option would probably be hair removal cream but waxing is obviously an option but it depends if your waxing entire area it would be quite uncomfortable but still worth a try in my opinion. If you are going to do this it will obviously have to be repeated but honestly try and keep it as long as possible there is nothing wrong with body hair, everyone has it and dont be worried about it at all. I hope that if it doesnt really bother you,you find a good solution that isnt too much of a hassle.

Quick Reply

Latest