What grades do they accept in clearing? Watch

evab12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m worried that I will be in clearing as I’m expecting to have done badly in a couple of my a levels, I think worst case scenario I could get CDU and my question is will I be able to get accepted anywhere? I’m not bothered about going to uni of places but I’m an ideal world I’d get into a course at Liverpool John Moores, or a city like that. Thanks!
multitasker34
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the minimum to get into uni is 2 Ds and an E...

Manchester is a good city... MMU or salford should be good... But I think they have higher entry requirements?
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
PQ has placed a clearing thread for 2019 on here. Read this it is excellent and has clearing links for most universities.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A*A*A* plus 1st place in the IMO
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by evab12345)
I’m worried that I will be in clearing as I’m expecting to have done badly in a couple of my a levels, I think worst case scenario I could get CDU and my question is will I be able to get accepted anywhere? I’m not bothered about going to uni of places but I’m an ideal world I’d get into a course at Liverpool John Moores, or a city like that. Thanks!
It depends on your subject and the university. Most places will want 3 passes at A level but you may find that there’s some flexibility. Did you take an AS in the subject you’re expecting a U in? Do any universities offer foundation years for your subject?

It’s worth looking into resitting your A levels - that’s generally cheaper and will give you much more choices. But there’s no harm in ringing a few universities that you like on results day to explore your options.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by evab12345)
I cannot answer your query re Liverpool John Moores but I do know that in past years Trinity St Davids in Swansea have accepted some students with 2 A levels. It is not as big a city as Liverpool but might be worth looking into. I suspect there are other universities as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?