Psychology - UCL and KCL standard offers Watch

Hyde69
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Do either UCL or KCL offer anything lower than A*AA for non contextual offers. I am trying to choose my 5th Uni and am applying to Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Exeter and didn really want any A*AA unis as although I might get the grades I wanted to play it safe with an AAA for firm and AAB for insurance. Really I want to go to Birmingham (AAA) but obviously have to put in my 5th application in case I don't get an offer from them and wondered if UCL or KCL ever offer AAA, perhaps if they like your application enough. My GCSE grades were 9988888886 and my A levels are Biology, Geography and Psychology. I'm predicted AAA because my school don't predict A*s although I'm sure would if I asked them too because it's quite possible I might get one in Psychology.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I know UCL do offer a few AAA offers in psychology each year, I'm not too sure on the criteria for that though!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hyde69)
Do either UCL or KCL offer anything lower than A*AA for non contextual offers. I am trying to choose my 5th Uni and am applying to Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Exeter and didn really want any A*AA unis as although I might get the grades I wanted to play it safe with an AAA for firm and AAB for insurance. Really I want to go to Birmingham (AAA) but obviously have to put in my 5th application in case I don't get an offer from them and wondered if UCL or KCL ever offer AAA, perhaps if they like your application enough. My GCSE grades were 9988888886 and my A levels are Biology, Geography and Psychology. I'm predicted AAA because my school don't predict A*s although I'm sure would if I asked them too because it's quite possible I might get one in Psychology.
You could apply to one of those unis as an aspirational choice since with AAA predictions, you are highly likely to get offers from Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Exeter. Have you used the "offer calculator" on Birmingham's website?

UCL/KCL wouldn't make good Insurance choices as a back up to Birmigham, so I can't really see the point in you applying there as a 5th choice, unless you would actually prefer to go to London than Birmingham
Last edited by harrysbar; 7 months ago
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It will always be an A*AA offer I think, unless you have any contextual factors. If you're already set on Bham then theres not really much point in applying to KCL or UCL anyway, since you wouldnt firm these unis anyway. I think you have a really good chance like 99% of getting offers from all 4 atm so you could just skip this 5th choice.
Last edited by Afterlife?; 7 months ago
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
1. You don't "have" to make 5 choices at all.

2. You can add your fifth choice later if you want.
Hyde69
Rep:
?
I didn’t realise you could add your 5th choice later. That actually changes things. I would only ever want it if I didn’t get an AAA offer from Birmingham.
Hyde69
Rep:
?
Yes I’ve tried the offer calculator for Birmingham and an offer is “likely”.
Hyde69
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afterlife?)
It will always be an A*AA offer I think, unless you have any contextual factors. If you're already set on Bham then theres not really much point in applying to KCL or UCL anyway, since you wouldnt firm these unis anyway. I think you have a really good chance like 99% of getting offers from all 4 atm so you could just skip this 5th choice.
I was really thinking in the unlikely event I didn’t get an offer from Birmingham but did get an AAA offer from UCL/KCL but in reality that would not happen I guess. It would take KCL/UCL to like my application enough to drop a grade and Birmingham to not like it enough to offer at all!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes I’ve tried the offer calculator for Birmingham and an offer is “likely”.
What a pathetic offer calculator, I thought it would give you a percentage.

According to the UCAS offer calculator, you would have a more than 90% chance of getting an offer from Birmingham
Last edited by harrysbar; 7 months ago
Hyde69
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
What a pathetic offer calculator, I thought it would give you a percentage.

According to the UCAS offer calculator, you would have a more than 90% chance of getting an offer from Birmingham
It might have been highly likely. It was certainly as likely as definite as you could get without saying definitely, which they obviously never would! I just need to make sure my personal statement is good. I didn't know there was a UCAS offer calculator either. Do you have a link, though I guess it must be easy enough to find.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It might have been highly likely. It was certainly as likely as definite as you could get without saying definitely, which they obviously never would! I just need to make sure my personal statement is good. I didn't know there was a UCAS offer calculator either. Do you have a link, though I guess it must be easy enough to find.
It is....just google UCAS offer calculator
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I didn’t realise you could add your 5th choice later. That actually changes things. I would only ever want it if I didn’t get an AAA offer from Birmingham.
You can start with only one choice if you want. Just make sure that you add any others before the deadline for equal consideration.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?