Eating gluten?

Watch
Doodlemedhelp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Every time I seem to eat stuff with gluten in it I get weird cramps in my stomach and feel kinda ill, had celiac tests done and came back negative, tried gluten free foods this morning and no stomach cramps any idea?
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A lot of those tests aren't accurate and use questionable methods. Listen to your body, if it upsets you don't eat it.
Doodlemedhelp
Rep:
?
Thanks for the feedback had IBS tests done no trace, gonna say to my go about a leaky gut and chrons could it be a peptic ulcer etc..
Doodlemedhelp
Rep:
?
Thanks I've tried gluten free today no cramps or nothing been able to eat fine
(Original post by OddOnes)
A lot of those tests aren't accurate and use questionable methods. Listen to your body, if it upsets you don't eat it.
AdamCor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Source? A lot of tests do suffer from false positives etc, but they are usually very accurate. From a quick search celiac blood tests are 98% accurate.

To OP, it doesn't really matter if you're diagnosed or not, if gluten foods are causing you this much trouble just don't eat them.
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AdamCor)
Source? A lot of tests do suffer from false positives etc, but they are usually very accurate. From a quick search celiac blood tests are 98% accurate.

To OP, it doesn't really matter if you're diagnosed or not, if gluten foods are causing you this much trouble just don't eat them.
Personal experience. Friends got some intolerance tests done from a private company via Wowcher(!). After some questionable results they looked into it and it was basically a load of cr*p. They emailed them and told them they had researched their methods but I don't think they were refunded.

Be careful who and where you get your tests done with.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doodlemedhelp)
Thanks for the feedback had IBS tests done no trace, gonna say to my go about a leaky gut and chrons could it be a peptic ulcer etc..
There are no tests for IBS, it is a diagnosed made on symptoms and exclusion of other diagnoses. If gluten is giving you problems, just try and avoid. A lot of people with IBS have problems with gluten btw
Doodlemedhelp
Rep:
?
Had bloods done and stool samples sent away for any infections and none I'm on omeprazole atm incase my stomachs bleeding if they don't work the camera it is
Doodlemedhelp
Rep:
?
Had bloods took and stool samples for ibs celiac etc to see if there was any infections? It's every time I eat gluten etc or heavy food I seem to feel ill stomach goes hard and sore and pulses
(Original post by black tea)
There are no tests for IBS, it is a diagnosed made on symptoms and exclusion of other diagnoses. If gluten is giving you problems, just try and avoid. A lot of people with IBS have problems with gluten btw
AdamCor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personal experience. Friends got some intolerance tests done from a private company via Wowcher(!). After some questionable results they looked into it and it was basically a load of cr*p. They emailed them and told them they had researched their methods but I don't think they were refunded.

Be careful who and where you get your tests done with.
Ah that makes sense, I'd rather use the NHS over some private company, especially via Wowcher lol
Doodlemedhelp
Rep:
?
Yep Adamcor all my medical stuff I said through NHS just wanna find out the problem as it's effecting my eating and I'm really underweight now hate it
(Original post by AdamCor)
Ah that makes sense, I'd rather use the NHS over some private company, especially via Wowcher lol
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had the same. Ended up diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Every time I seem to eat stuff with gluten in it I get weird cramps in my stomach and feel kinda ill, had celiac tests done and came back negative, tried gluten free foods this morning and no stomach cramps any idea?

doesn't matter what the tests say if YOUR real life tests [consuming it] say it's f**king up your stomach
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Had bloods took and stool samples for ibs celiac etc to see if there was any infections? It's every time I eat gluten etc or heavy food I seem to feel ill stomach goes hard and sore and pulses
The stool sample was to exclude other things (probably inflammatory bowel disease), not to test for IBS
Last edited by black tea; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (7)
18.42%
Better than expected (8)
21.05%
Worse than expected (23)
60.53%

Watched Threads