The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

20 credits missing from second year to do final year in business

hello i am currently a student in a collage where they provide foundation degree to have a diploma and then finally go onto plymouth uni for a 3rd year degree top up, with the degree i have i can join any uni that is willing to accept me for my final year , i have 20 credits missing and failed the final resit of the module which is accounting and finance that carries 20 credits , i have been trying my best to pass this course but it has got the best of me by the looks of it and i still have 1 year funding left from student finance i was wondering if you knew of any university that would accept me to do my final year with 20 credits missing or where i can obtain the 20 credits ,
Original post by abdikony
hello i am currently a student in a collage where they provide foundation degree to have a diploma and then finally go onto plymouth uni for a 3rd year degree top up, with the degree i have i can join any uni that is willing to accept me for my final year , i have 20 credits missing and failed the final resit of the module which is accounting and finance that carries 20 credits , i have been trying my best to pass this course but it has got the best of me by the looks of it and i still have 1 year funding left from student finance i was wondering if you knew of any university that would accept me to do my final year with 20 credits missing or where i can obtain the 20 credits ,

Why is this posted in Queen Mary? Is that where you did the foundation?
Care to link the course you are actually studying? It is a foundation degree linked to Plymouth?
You passed year 1?
You passed everything but one unit in year 2? You failed the resit for year 2? What are the college saying? Are they giving you a further chance to retake?

Imo the people who would be interested are your existing college? What have they said? Have they withdrawn you and failed you for the foundation? Have they offered you a Cert He to cover year 1 of the foundation that you managed to pass?

You are going to struggle to find another uni interested in taking over?

I would look at.

1. Ask existing college what is on offer.
2. Check if you can do an alternative module.
3. Check with Open university.
4. Check your student finance entitlement as usage of any part of a year counts as usage of a full years finance.
Imo you degree finance status is Degree-1 and as below you have just enough to finish a degree, unless there is other usage you havent told us about?

Degree+1
Year 1= Degree+1 to Degree+0
Year 2= Degree+0 to Degree-1
Retake = Degree -1 to Degree-2
Top up= Degree-2 to Degree-3.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending