University of Warwick Clearing 2019

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is a thread to discuss University of Warwick for Clearing 2019.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Get more information about Clearing on TSR and ask for advice here >>

And here >>

Good luck with everything! :woo:
Abs1100
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello,
I'm hoping to get into Warwick University through clearing/adjustment on results day in a few weeks time. Is anyone else planning to do this, or have any advice for what to do on the day/in preparation. Thank you, will be very appreciated.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Warwick have a lot of information on their website here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/

and a list of courses available here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/.../courses-2019/

Going through clearing to try and get a place at one specific university is risky. Do you already have a firm/insurance choice?

I'd suggest phoning as early as you can- popular courses may fill up quickly. Also, keep the whole day free, as admissions tutors may need to phone you back.

I'd also suggest you're specific about the course you're interested in- unis will be wary if you seem unsure, they don't want you to drop out in September when you realise the course is not for you.

Make sure you know your UCAS application/PS really well, as you are likely to be asked about this.

Make notes of all the people you speak to and at what times- especially if/when you get an offer.

And above all, have a plan B ready in case things don't work out!
Abs1100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, thankyou for the advice is really helpful. I do have a form and insurance, but I don't want to go there, I always wanted Warwick but my predicted grades were too low and I wouldn't have received a place. I have looked at other unis but ultimately if I don't get in via clearing, I will take a year out and reapply next year.
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Warwick have a lot of information on their website here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/

and a list of courses available here:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/.../courses-2019/

Going through clearing to try and get a place at one specific university is risky. Do you already have a firm/insurance choice?

I'd suggest phoning as early as you can- popular courses may fill up quickly. Also, keep the whole day free, as admissions tutors may need to phone you back.

I'd also suggest you're specific about the course you're interested in- unis will be wary if you seem unsure, they don't want you to drop out in September when you realise the course is not for you.

Make sure you know your UCAS application/PS really well, as you are likely to be asked about this.

Make notes of all the people you speak to and at what times- especially if/when you get an offer.

And above all, have a plan B ready in case things don't work out!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abs1100)
Hello, thankyou for the advice is really helpful. I do have a form and insurance, but I don't want to go there, I always wanted Warwick but my predicted grades were too low and I wouldn't have received a place. I have looked at other unis but ultimately if I don't get in via clearing, I will take a year out and reapply next year.
That's fair enough if that is a realistic option for you.

Have you also thought about what you will do if you don't achieve grades that would get you in next year?

Pinning all your hopes on one university is quite dangerous, and it may be a good idea to at least have a look and see what else is available in clearing.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abs1100)
Wouldn't adjustment be the route for you?
Abs1100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah either really, it all depends whether they have space on the course that I want.
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Wouldn't adjustment be the route for you?
Abs1100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure to be honest, if I haven't got the grades I'll be disappointed and may just go into work.
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
That's fair enough if that is a realistic option for you.

Have you also thought about what you will do if you don't achieve grades that would get you in next year?

Pinning all your hopes on one university is quite dangerous, and it may be a good idea to at least have a look and see what else is available in clearing.
Abs1100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thankyou.
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
This is a thread to discuss University of Warwick for Clearing 2019.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Get more information about Clearing on TSR and ask for advice here >>

And here >>

Good luck with everything! :woo:
Mabey
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I applied to warwick for maths and physics and straight maths, but I ended up firming durham, with maths+physics as my insurance. I'm starting to think that I want to do straight maths at warwick, so I was wondering if there are normally places available for maths in clearing?
LurkingMcLurk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mabey)
Hi, I applied to warwick for maths and physics and straight maths, but I ended up firming durham, with maths+physics as my insurance. I'm starting to think that I want to do straight maths at warwick, so I was wondering if there are normally places available for maths in clearing?
I don't think it has ever been in clearing.
aflpfjsk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi does anyone recall if accounting and finance (Warwick) was available in clearing? thank you!
Warwick Business School
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by aflpfjsk)
Hi does anyone recall if accounting and finance (Warwick) was available in clearing? thank you!
Hello aflpfjsk

I hope you are well, unfortunately, none of our courses at Warwick Business School are available through clearing.

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

Francesca
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (38)
31.93%
No - I have already returned home (15)
12.61%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (25)
21.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (8)
6.72%
No - I live at home during term anyway (33)
27.73%

Watched Threads