Ro.student
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys! So I have some kind of a dilemma. I am applying for law 2020 entry for Law. I bought some LNAT books (Mark Shephard and the UniAdmissions MCQs collection), did some of the online tests on Arbitio and one of the official sample tests. I did see my scores improving greatly from practicing. I started at about 22 and now I score between 27-32 with an average of about 29. However, today I took one of the mock tests in "The Ultimate LNAT Collection" by UniAdmissions. The Mock tests texts I find ridiculously long. In this one I took 16. It is my lowest score ever, as I never scored below 22. Compared to Mark Shephard, UniAdmissions, Arbitio, and the official mock tests how does the real thing compare in terms of:
1. Length of the texts?
2. The complexity of the questions and texts?
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Throw Mark Shephard in the bin (I'm guessing that he's to thank for the 32)
Arbitio's realistic in terms of difficulty etc

The question is bizarre because you're in the best position to judge the difficulty of these books against each other and against the official samples, given that you've done or are in a position to do all of them.
Ro.student
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)

The question is bizarre because you're in the best position to judge the difficulty of these books against each other and against the official samples, given that you've done or are in a position to do all of them.
I was referring to how they compare to the actual LNAT test, not one against the other. Oh and actually not, on the Mark Shephard tests I never scored above 25. I usually score the best on Arbitio, where I actually got 30 and have an average of 27. Btw, did you seat your LNAT?
Last edited by Ro.student; 1 year ago
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ro.student)
I was referring to how they compare to the actual LNAT test, not one against the other. Oh and actually not, on the Mark Shephard tests I never scored above 25. I usually score the best on Arbitio, where I actually got 30 and have an average of 27. Btw, did you seat your LNAT?
Take a look at how they compare to the sample tests on the website (they are the most representative)

I sat mine several years ago
Ro.student
Rep:
?
Oh, so you found the one from the website the most representative in terms of difficulty? Most people said that on the contrary, they are easier than the real thing. I am soooo confused about this low mark I got. Anyway, thank you so much for the help.
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Take a look at how they compare to the sample tests on the website (they are the most representative)

I sat mine several years ago
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh, so you found the one from the website the most representative in terms of difficulty? Most people said that on the contrary, they are easier than the real thing. I am soooo confused about this low mark I got. Anyway, thank you so much for the help.
You seem to have a lot of free time in your hands, so you could just allocate a few more evenings to preparing and do more papers from each source
nyx2911
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys! So I have some kind of a dilemma. I am applying for law 2020 entry for Law. I bought some LNAT books (Mark Shephard and the UniAdmissions MCQs collection), did some of the online tests on Arbitio and one of the official sample tests. I did see my scores improving greatly from practicing. I started at about 22 and now I score between 27-32 with an average of about 29. However, today I took one of the mock tests in "The Ultimate LNAT Collection" by UniAdmissions. The Mock tests texts I find ridiculously long. In this one I took 16. It is my lowest score ever, as I never scored below 22. Compared to Mark Shephard, UniAdmissions, Arbitio, and the official mock tests how does the real thing compare in terms of:
1. Length of the texts?
2. The complexity of the questions and texts?
Hey I’m also using the Uniadmission LNAT guide, how difficult was the actual test in comparison to that book?
(Original post by J Papi)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads