Changing courses from Sociology to PPL?

Watch
ApriL2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'll be reading Sociology with Quantitative methods after the summer, however, I've been having second thoughts and is more interested in something like PPL (but I didn't meet their requirements). How should I prepare myself to file a transfer in courses?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ApriL2000)
I'll be reading Sociology with Quantitative methods after the summer, however, I've been having second thoughts and is more interested in something like PPL (but I didn't meet their requirements). How should I prepare myself to file a transfer in courses?
Do you mean you're not predicted AAA so don't think you would have got offered a place on that course? It's currently in Clearing but it looks like they still want AAA for it - this may change after A levels results day so it would be worth checking with them then to see if they would accept allow you to transfer onto that course.

Otherwise, it's just a case of starting at the uni and requesting a transfer in the first few weeks of your course, I don't think there's anything you can do now to affect whether they agree to it or not. There's no guarantee they will, so you need to be happy to do Sociology at Warwick if it comes to it
ApriL2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing IB and got a 35/ 45 and was just curious as to the process of transferring courses and what I could do in uni to boost my chances of being transferred :/
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ApriL2000)
I'm doing IB and got a 35/ 45 and was just curious as to the process of transferring courses and what I could do in uni to boost my chances of being transferred :/
So you've got 35 and they want 38 for the PPL course. Have you tried phoning Admissions to ask if they would consider letting you transfer at this stage? They may well say No, but it doesn't hurt at all to ask and they can advise you on whether you might be able to transfer at a later stage in Clearing when they have all the A level results in. If they won't let you transfer, you need to think seriously about whether it's worth the gamble of hoping that Warwick will let you transfer when you are already at the uni - all you can do to boost your chances is work hard on the first few assignments and essays to get good grades. There is a chance you won't be able to transfer, so depending on how much you like Sociology, you should also think about declining your offer at Warwick. If you did that, you would be free to apply to other unis in Clearing offering better courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads