The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams

After the gcse exams, there is always some paranoia and my main paranoia arose from the fact that in my biology paper 2 I wrote “rate of water” rather than “level of water”. This has caused me to think, if I could write the wrong word like that by accident, how do I know that I didn’t accidentally swear in any of my exam papers. Although I checked all of them, I didn’t notice that so I could’ve failed to notice accidentally substituting a correct word with a swear word. First of all if this paranoia simply absurd and secondly if it isn’t simply absurd, what’s the worst outcome that could happen?
I have done my GCSE'S this year too and I am waiting for my results on 22nd August! :smile: Please do not stress about over a little thing as I have done it alot after my exams, particularly history, literature and geography. You have got to think to yourself well, .....is it worth it? Anyway, examiners don't focus on these little things and don't let your mind play tricks on you especially now as the exams have been quite far now as you should be enjoying your holidays. You will hundred percent do fine and everyone has these paranoia's and even I have been getting a couple of nightmares and you will never know even if you get a good grade. Your getting them at this period of time due to being anxious for results day and I hate the fact that results day is sooooo faarrrrr!
please don't worry and don't let them get to you. wish you the best of luck in your gcse and as you are worrying about it, it gives me the impression that you are a person that will get good grades :smile:
Original post by pollywolly2002
After the gcse exams, there is always some paranoia and my main paranoia arose from the fact that in my biology paper 2 I wrote “rate of water” rather than “level of water”. This has caused me to think, if I could write the wrong word like that by accident, how do I know that I didn’t accidentally swear in any of my exam papers. Although I checked all of them, I didn’t notice that so I could’ve failed to notice accidentally substituting a correct word with a swear word. First of all if this paranoia simply absurd and secondly if it isn’t simply absurd, what’s the worst outcome that could happen?

Quick Reply

Latest