Rosee05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello im going to be in year 11 in September and I really want to get 8s and 9s but I’m currently on 4s & 5s...
I’m currently studying:
-English language (the sign of four)AQA
- English literature (Macbeth and inspector calls)AQA
- maths (higher/edexcel)
- science (idk yet if triple or combined/AQA)
- media studies AQA
I’ve done three of my GCSEs last year and this year
But I really hope that someone could give me a helping hand and could help me to find ways to reach these grades? I mean , could you maybe suggest effective ways to revise , how long each day, how many subjects a day or topics a day? Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏽🥰🤗❤️
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say that for maths, you need to churn out practice papers. Do as much as you can with the practice papers because there is only so much that the examiners can ask you. I'd suggest a paper a day nothing too drastic. For both English lit and lang, l would first say that at the start of year 11, you should first take all your old essays to your respective teachers and ask them for feedback and how to improve. Because they know you better than me, they'd be able to guide you properly on the direction you need to go. For Macbeth, prepare your note cards before hand and memorise dem quotes before you start any revision because then you can write better. There's this really good book on amazon called "The art of writing English literature essays", it really helped me at GCSE and even A level so you should take a look at that if you're struggling with writing essays. For science, you can find past papers online that do topic tests. Do those first to test yourself and see how much knowledge you actually know before moving on to past papers. Ideally aim to do one in all three sciences every day. I'm not really sure for Media studies but l know someone who does it for a level so l'll ask them later. Good luck and don't stress now! You can do it!
Rosee05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Aww I really am appreciate the time and effort you to took to type out the reply for me I will definitely follow your word but you see in my school we follow a certain structure to write our literacy essays called PELEC and I wonder if it’s possible to turn those note cards into detailed essays .. I will do as much of those practice papers as possible for maths and science. Do you think a 5 hour revisions per day is too much or enough (followed by breaks)? Anyway I’ll end my reply here and once again I absolutely appreciate your reply sindcwrely rosee
(Original post by theprettyrainbow)
I'd say that for maths, you need to churn out practice papers. Do as much as you can with the practice papers because there is only so much that the examiners can ask you. I'd suggest a paper a day nothing too drastic. For both English lit and lang, l would first say that at the start of year 11, you should first take all your old essays to your respective teachers and ask them for feedback and how to improve. Because they know you better than me, they'd be able to guide you properly on the direction you need to go. For Macbeth, prepare your note cards before hand and memorise dem quotes before you start any revision because then you can write better. There's this really good book on amazon called "The art of writing English literature essays", it really helped me at GCSE and even A level so you should take a look at that if you're struggling with writing essays. For science, you can find past papers online that do topic tests. Do those first to test yourself and see how much knowledge you actually know before moving on to past papers. Ideally aim to do one in all three sciences every day. I'm not really sure for Media studies but l know someone who does it for a level so l'll ask them later. Good luck and don't stress now! You can do it!
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol omg PELEC or PEE. I'd say that for GCSE those structures are ok and its actually a good way of structuring your note cards but if you are looking to do any English for a level, then you may have to slowly change that later on. 5 hours of revision are not bad as long as you actually do work in them and work smartly.
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I listened to everything in class. Outside of class I made notes using the revision guides over and over again. I just copied/memorised the content and rewrote it till I had it solid in my mind. Good luck. (I got all A*/A)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed