The Student Room Group

advice on which uni to pick

I need some help..
I have been looking around universities and the places they are set in and I'm starting to realise I do not like the really busy city life.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any universities that where either not in the city centre or are in a quiet city.

Thank you 😊
Aberystwyth
Bangor
Chester
Winchester
Edge Hill
Royal Holloway
Lancaster
Bath
Durham
St Andrews
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you soo much I will definitely look into them
Reply 3
Original post by Denni37
I need some help..
I have been looking around universities and the places they are set in and I'm starting to realise I do not like the really busy city life.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any universities that where either not in the city centre or are in a quiet city.

Thank you 😊

bath -it's a good uni in a cute and quiet city

but it is a uni nonetheless, meaning you will experience or witness the "busy" lifestyle at some point, at least in freshers

best of luck to ya xx
Reply 4
Original post by Denni37
I need some help..

Thank you 😊

Which course and what grades are you aiming for?
Stirling
Warwick
Reply 6
I am hoping to study law with a foundation year and I'm not sure what I'm predicted are just yet
Original post by Denni37
I need some help..

Thank you 😊

Hi, hope you're well!

If you have any questions about Edge Hill or studying at a campus-based uni, let me know :smile:

Alex
Original post by Denni37
I need some help..

Thank you 😊

Warwick, Durham are the obvious ones.
Nottingham Uni campus isnt in the city centre it sits just outside & ia a huge campus that feels very different to the city.
Hi @Denni37 :smile:

We noticed that @A Rolling Stone suggested the University of Chester to you.

Is there anything that you would like to know? About Chester or what living in a smaller city is like?

We would be happy to help, we understand looking at different locations and universities can be a bit daunting at first!

Original post by Denni37
I need some help..

Thank you 😊
Hi

If you'd like some more information on living in Chester, feel free to contact us either on here or at [email protected]
but here's some information of what some of the University of Chester students said about the uni and living here.
https://www.whatuni.com/university-course-reviews/university-of-chester/21304/
Thanks
Annalyse
The Towpath team
I need some help..

Thank you 😊
Original post by Denni37
I need some help..

Thank you 😊

Hi there @Denni37

I have recently completed my third year of study at Aberystwyth University; Aberystwyth is a small town located on the Welsh West Coast. Similarly to yourself I wasn't a huge fan of the busy city life after going to number of open days prior to beginning my course at Aberystwyth, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the University so far and have found that the University and the town itself are ideal if the big city University life isn't for you.

The town is small but has a good range of shops, cafes and bars. I found that as the University is located in a town rather than a big city, there is a much more communal atmosphere about the student life in Aberystwyth; people are very friendly and the town itself is also very student friendly :smile:

Please let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Eliza
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey,

Just wanted to add on to say - no matter where you go, you'll probably encounter the fresher lifestyle sooner or later. It's kind of the thing with university. Not everywhere around the university is going to be overly busy or buzzing though.

What don't you like about city life?
Is there anything in particular?

Joshua :smile:
Nottingham might be one to look at. The campus is very green and quite far from the city centre. But still gives you the option of living in a city if you change your mind. Again UoLeicester is away from the city centre and first years live in a residential/ quiet area.

Lancaster was very very isolated from anywhere.

York could be another option cos I think the campus is outside of the city.

Original post by Denni37
I need some help..

Thank you 😊
Hi @Denni37,
I can see you've had a lot of responses so I won't give you too much info. Lancaster is 13th for Law and is a top 10 UK uni. It's situated on a hill surrounded by lots of hills and green spaces (if you come visit in September you'll notice straight away how green it is!). It's about 30 minutes on the bus from the city, which is one of the smaller cities which is super quaint and historic. We're super close to the Lake District and the seaside!
Find out more about the city here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/life-at-lancaster/city/
Let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte :smile:
2nd year Biological sciences with Biomedicine
Is this for law I presume?

You need to give much more information than that what kind of grades are you predicted for a start? People might be giving you A*AA unis when you’re predicted BBC or vice versa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending