Haven't handed in any work - will I get kicked out? Watch

Johnwick97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Basically, I'm in my second year of uni and I got a letter saying I've I haven't handed in any work but I've been to my lectures, etc, reason being is that I've been looking after my dad who been diagnosed with cancer and it's been so stressful looking after him and trying to go uni so I've just been looking after him and applied for an extension but they have not got back to me for a while, but I don't want to get kicked out of university is there anything I can do to get my place back? please help me.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Get hold of your pastoral advisor/academic advisor ASAP and apprise them of your situation, see what they can do to help you. You need to get on top of this quickly.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there Johnwick97

As gjd800 has said, you need to contact your personal tutor ASAP to discuss your home situation, the more you let them know what you have been going through, the more they will be able to help you with your extensions and missing course work.

At Liverpool Hope, our Student Support department has regular drop ins so that students can just drop in when they are stressed or need help with issues and talk to someone for advice. Does your university have anything like this you can use to help you with your situation?

Please message any questions we can help you with,

Fi :horse:
(Original post by Johnwick97)
Basically, I'm in my second year of uni and I got a letter saying I've I haven't handed in any work but I've been to my lectures, etc, reason being is that I've been looking after my dad who been diagnosed with cancer and it's been so stressful looking after him and trying to go uni so I've just been looking after him and applied for an extension but they have not got back to me for a while, but I don't want to get kicked out of university is there anything I can do to get my place back? please help me.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there Johnwick97

As gjd800 has said, you need to contact your personal tutor ASAP to discuss your home situation, the more you let them know what you have been going through, the more they will be able to help you with your extensions and missing course work.

At Liverpool Hope, our Student Support department has regular drop ins so that students can just drop in when they are stressed or need help with issues and talk to someone for advice. Does your university have anything like this you can use to help you with your situation?

Please message any questions we can help you with,

Fi :horse:
The student support at your place is exceptional and the other local institutions could stand to learn a thing or two!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by gjd800)
The student support at your place is exceptional and the other local institutions could stand to learn a thing or two!
Thank you gjd800. We do pride ourselves on our amazing student support.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The best bet for you to do is make a move in speaking to your personal tutors (as mentioned). You should explain the full situation in detail. They may give you a bit of an earful (even in spite of your situation) about not having talked about it earlier.

You could look into something like a gap year or things of that nature if it's best for your situation.
I'm sure they won't just kick you off the course.

Sorry to hear what you're going through -- hope all turns well!
Best of luck,
Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads