BS physics COMSATS University Islamabad Watch

YasinZahra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Is anyone doing their bs in physics in Comsats? Can you like tell me which courses I will be having in second semester? And also which books and websites/YouTube should I study from that will be beneficial to me.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I've moved your thread to the International Study forum

I would advise that most students using this forum are studying in UK universities, so I don't know how many will be able to advise on this specific course at this specific university. For physics (and maths, which goes hand in hand with it) in general though, some may be able to advise more broadly (since a lot of content taught will be common to any physics course), and I'd recommend checking out the Physics and Maths Study Help forums while you're here to that end, as they have a lot of helpful people

For the physics modules I did at uni, I found hyperphysics was a quite convenient first reference point, although it doesn't usually go into great detail. For maths e.g. calculus topics, Paul's Online Math Notes are helpful and go into a little bit more detail comparatively. Those notes will cover most of the maths you'll need in an undergrad physics course at least to some extent (and a lot of it as much as you need, and maybe even a little bit more than that).

The Chicago Undergraduate Physics Bibliography (curiously hosted by Berkeley) is a bibliography compiled by past physics students (at the University of Chicago) of textbooks they've used, with handy notes about which they've found helpful (and which they haven't). A lot of these are quite commonly used in physics courses, so that might also be handy reference. Note the links at the top of the page don't work, you need to scroll through. It also includes texts covering topics that might be more aimed at masters/graduate level students, which may be of interest later in your course.
YasinZahra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Hi, I've moved your thread to the International Study forum

I would advise that most students using this forum are studying in UK universities, so I don't know how many will be able to advise on this specific course at this specific university. For physics (and maths, which goes hand in hand with it) in general though, some may be able to advise more broadly (since a lot of content taught will be common to any physics course), and I'd recommend checking out the Physics and Maths Study Help forums while you're here to that end, as they have a lot of helpful people

For the physics modules I did at uni, I found hyperphysics was a quite convenient first reference point, although it doesn't usually go into great detail. For maths e.g. calculus topics, Paul's Online Math Notes are helpful and go into a little bit more detail comparatively. Those notes will cover most of the maths you'll need in an undergrad physics course at least to some extent (and a lot of it as much as you need, and maybe even a little bit more than that).

The Chicago Undergraduate Physics Bibliography (curiously hosted by Berkeley) is a bibliography compiled by past physics students (at the University of Chicago) of textbooks they've used, with handy notes about which they've found helpful (and which they haven't). A lot of these are quite commonly used in physics courses, so that might also be handy reference. Note the links at the top of the page don't work, you need to scroll through. It also includes texts covering topics that might be more aimed at masters/graduate level students, which may be of interest later in your course.
Thank you so much.^_^ I will definitely check these links out. And if I ever face difficulty in my Physics course, I will be looking forward to your help. I'd be really grateful.
Last edited by YasinZahra; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads