Revisions Tips Watch

luce.light
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I often find it really hard to revise, and really boring, I already tried many different ways to revise, but none of them actually work....
Any tips?

sam72016
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't listen to music while revising, what methods have you actually tried?
(Original post by luce.light)
I often find it really hard to revise, and really boring, I already tried many different ways to revise, but none of them actually work....
Any tips?
luce.light
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Mind map, revisions card, notes, watching videos....
(Original post by sam72016)
Don't listen to music while revising, what methods have you actually tried?
epicnm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It may be helpful to find out what type of learner you are(visual/audio/sensory/etc). You can take tests online.
sam72016
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally for me, have a text book in front of you and have lined paper a pen and a highlighter. Read the text book and copy lots of notes from it to the paper (notes that you might find hard to remember or are important). Highlight some of these key notes on your lined paper. At the end, do lots and lots of questions and the facts will stick to you. Look ahead at how much you have to read so you won't find it boring, set a target e.g. read 1 or 2 pages this will also stop you getting bored. Maybe you should make your revision sessions shorter? Set a time limit mine is 30 mins then a break
Any tips?
Olivia_blckbr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Listen, if I’m being completely honest here.. revision is boring, it really is. We get forced to do it and if we don’t our whole world falls apart. But it can be helped; not just sitting there dreading every moment of reading a textbook. Cause I’ve done that, I just re-read all the notes and they don’t actually go anywhere. I think honestly the best way for me to learn and revise (which is the Latin word for re-going over notes) is going to a website called Seneca. It’s a non-profit organisation who don’t want your money off of you but they have all courses of GCSEs and they use Quizzes, they give you every piece of information you would ever need to learn in your qualifications and have also some past papers and hard questions which most students struggle on. It’s all free accept the premium which is how it makes its money, which is only a small fee of 3.99 a month. extremely cheap compared to other websites
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sherrinford_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I make myself sheets with relatable things on them. For example, when trying to learn quotes and annotations for a character in Romeo and Juliet, I've put a character from Rick and Morty for each character (Rick is Friar, Eagle man is the nurse, Summer is Juliet) on a sheet and write around them. I find revising is easiest when, not only I've made it and therefore want to use it more, but also when I find my revision a bit odd and funny. I think you remember more stuff when it's odd as it sticks in you mind more.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Sherrinford_; 3 weeks ago
Vishalsharma1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any tips?
Create a Timetable and Order your subjects from most important to least important and the most important thing is to follow your revision timetable as much as possible.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there luce.light

Think about studying SMART Not Long: It's much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.

o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

Remember it's important to give your mind a break, so go the gym, play on a console etc and just relax!

Good luck!

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
14.21%
Excited (75)
9.6%
Worried (148)
18.95%
Terrified (180)
23.05%
Meh (50)
6.4%
Confused (22)
2.82%