Shellhecd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I confirmed my university choices in February, with Sussex as my first choice with a conditional offer.
However the other day (July 23) I got an email from track that there had been an update and when I logged on the offer had been changed to unconditional.

Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened? I was very surprised and I wasn’t expedited it.

I’m just very confused as to why the change was made. And it said I will receive details from the uni about whats next, but I still haven’t heard anything from them. Does anyone know how long that will take, and how they contact you (email or post)?
GavandeepR
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
This is really interesting. I keep checking mine just in case 😂.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You'd better call the uni. Us plebs on TSR don't work for Sussex. That said, are you sure you didn't get one of those unconditional-if-firmed offers? It's a pretty infamous pressure selling tactic some unis deploy.
(Original post by Shellhecd)
I’m just very confused as to why the change was made. And it said I will receive details from the uni about whats next, but I still haven’t heard anything from them. Does anyone know how long that will take, and how they contact you (email or post)?
UCAS bungs that line on the end of every unconditional firm. What the uni actually does varies by institution.
HarryOnTap
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What course are you doing? Undergraduate? Foundation?
Shellhecd
Rep:
?
I’m doing undergraduate. Psychology with Neuroscience.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I confirmed my university choices in February, with Sussex as my first choice with a conditional offer.
However the other day (July 23) I got an email from track that there had been an update and when I logged on the offer had been changed to unconditional.

Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened? I was very surprised and I wasn’t expedited it.

What qualifications are you studying at the moment?
Shellhecd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
You'd better call the uni. Us plebs on TSR don't work for Sussex. That said, are you sure you didn't get one of those unconditional-if-firmed offers? It's a pretty infamous pressure selling tactic some unis deploy.
UCAS bungs that line on the end of every unconditional firm. What the uni actually does varies by institution.
No, it wasn’t unconditional if firm. I did receive one from a other uni, but I put that as my insurance as it had the lowest grade requirements anyway. And it only just update the other day, I firmed it months ago.

I really just wanted to know it anyone had had this happen to them before. And also how long the uni takes to contact you after you have confirmed a place.
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
This happened last year as well to a few students.
Bluebells602003
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Phone uni and explain the change and that you want to know if it’s correct. You may not receive any info until nearer the time as some unis don’t get in touch until nearer the time of starting
Shellhecd
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
What qualifications are you studying at the moment?
I did Forensic Science at college, finished in May. I’m going to be studying Psychology with Neuroscience.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I did Forensic Science at college, finished in May. I’m going to be studying Psychology with Neuroscience.
Is that a BTEC or HNC course?

Many BTEC results have already been sent to UCAS and on to universities - you may well have met your offer conditions. Find out from your college when you'll get your results.
Ali.maxwell
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Maybe they got ur results n u met the conditions
Shellhecd
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Is that a BTEC or HNC course?

Many BTEC results have already been sent to UCAS and on to universities - you may well have met your offer conditions. Find out from your college when you'll get your results.
That was my though actually. As the college did say the results get ‘locked in’ or whatever in July. I did know that I met the offer, as we’re pretty much told what we got when we finished. So that may be it then I guess 🤔

I was just expecting it would all be at the same time as A Level results day, but I guess not...
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That was my though actually. As the college did say the results get ‘locked in’ or whatever in July. I did know that I met the offer, as we’re pretty much told what we got when we finished. So that may be it then I guess 🤔

I was just expecting it would all be at the same time as A Level results day, but I guess not...
This is normal. When I did a HND I had my offer change to an unconditional by June.
HarryOnTap
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm doing Psychology with a foundation year
I’m doing undergraduate. Psychology with Neuroscience.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That will be it.....the unis won't wait for A level results day for the people who have already met their offers. Are you happy about it?

If you have any worries about how long it will take to hear anything else, you can phone Sussex Admissions for information about that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads