Triple v combined Science gcse for engineering

Watch
username4888666
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do you have to do Triple science for engineering at uni?
username4811012
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No but it helps. Just make sure you do maths and physics (further maths also helps). Try and do at least 2 sciences.
username4888666
Rep:
?
Are you talking about a levels? I meant triple science gcse
gymkana3000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest with you, most universities don't care what GCSE's you have, as long as you have english and maths, and then another 3 subjects at grade 4/5. When applying to uni, all I was asked for was if I had passed my english and maths and that was it. In this case, take whichever version you think suits you, as the same applies to college really. As long as you have those two main ones, it shouldn't matter what else you take.
(Original post by Sportse123456)
Are you talking about a levels? I meant triple science gcse
username4888666
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply. Thought unis would take more detail in qualifications
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for the reply. Thought unis would take more detail in qualifications
Just saying whilst unis dont care whether you take triple or not, it might help you if you would like to take aevel physics. Whilst you can do combined science and do alevel sciences, it might be more difficult at the beginning
HertsExRep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Like others have said, it is not hugely important whether you do triple science or say additional science instead. Universities are far more interested in your A Levels.

If you think you will mainly study the sciences for your A Levels then it could help you in terms of progression into you future studies in Yr 12/13. As long as your GCSEs include reasonable grades in Science, be it triple or not then you should get by okay

My application to an Engineering degree ultimately hinged on the grade I scored in A Level Physics - my other A Levels were fine. I am told it is quite rare that University admissions officers decide to accept/reject an application based on GCSEs. (Although I am unable to speak for the highest Universities such as Oxbridge).
Do you have to do Triple science for engineering at uni?
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All you'd have to do is say that your school didn't offer triple science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.07%

Watched Threads