Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I had an offer of AAA for law with predicted grades of AAB however I’m certain that I did not get that in my exams, I think I’ve gotten ABB or BBB worst case scenario, I don’t think I’ll get let in with those grades. How lenient are they regarding a level grades?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Law
Zoey101_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Moved to Law
Thanks )
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had an offer of AAA for law with predicted grades of AAB however I’m certain that I did not get that in my exams, I think I’ve gotten ABB or BBB worst case scenario, I don’t think I’ll get let in with those grades. How lenient are they regarding a level grades?
I submitted an FOI request to them asking for the grades students have when they enrol. They went to pains to refuse the request, which suggests their entry standards are embarrassing.

Which uni suggest the commonest grades (amongst the commonest A-Level subjects) are BBB. https://university.which.co.uk/unive...9-8824e22f74fc
Zoey101_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
I submitted an FOI request to them asking for the grades students have when they enrol. They went to pains to refuse the request, which suggests their entry standards are embarrassing.

Which uni suggest the commonest grades (amongst the commonest A-Level subjects) are BBB. https://university.which.co.uk/unive...9-8824e22f74fc
Thank you so much!, that’s actually such a relief. I worked so hard for my exams and I genuinely feel like I didn’t meet the grades. So hopefully they will be quite lenient
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zoey101_)
Thank you so much!, that’s actually such a relief. I worked so hard for my exams and I genuinely feel like I didn’t meet the grades. So hopefully they will be quite lenient
It seems like you still have a decent chance of being accepted by Birmingham, but if the worst comes to the worst, there is still your Insurance choice, if you have one, or even Clearing. People think Clearing sounds scary but there are actually a lot of really good unis in Clearing this year for Law so you will have lots of options with ABB/BBB
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's no way of knowing how leinient any university will be with entry requirements on results day. However, Birmingham Uni courses are in clearing so you should be able to get away by missing a grade or two.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please be aware that just because a course is in Clearing it doesn't mean they will necessarily accept any old grades from current applicants.

Lots of applicants seem to assume this and find out on Results Day that actually what it means is that the Uni is in Clearing for people with the right grades.

And - 'last year' will tell you absolutely nothing about what any course or Uni will do this year. It all depends on how many current offer holders fulfil their offers and how many (if any) near misses they decide to accept. Unless you have a crystal ball you cannot predict anything about Clearing for this year.

I know its anxious making just waiting for Results Day, but you are not alone - everyone worries they havn't got the grades they need (yes, even the seemingly most confident people), but you'll just have to wait and see what happens in August. You may have done enough, or you may be accepted 'just below'. Try and distract yourself from worrying - you can't change or influence anything at this stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise