The Student Room Group

Syria war: 'World shrugs' as 103 civilians killed in 10 days

Not much the world can do really.And tbh 100 seems quite low I'd have thought it would be more than that.
Reply 2
its a bit hard to do anything ex post facto. Never mind they cant do anything any way.
well obviously, if it doesn't happen in the west to white people no one cares.. sad reality.
Original post by heermeet
well obviously, if it doesn't happen in the west to white people no one gives a sh*t... sad reality.

Western media and people care more about the west, nothing surprising or wrong with that.
Besides, it’s a war. People die.
Original post by Andrew97
Besides, it’s a war. People die.

so do you say the same thing when british soldiers get killed in war? nah didn't think so...
well obviously, if it doesn't happen in the west to white people no one gives a sh*t... sad reality.

It's been going on for years without a solution.I'm bored of hearing about it.Its not the West's fault if Muslims can't stop killing each other over a schism that happened 1400 years ago.
so do you say the same thing when british soldiers get killed in war? nah didn't think so...

My first sentence in the post covers that.

Also, a you don’t get a report when every British solider dies in a war (unless the numbers are that small that it’s possible, like Afghan)
(edited 4 years ago)
People have just become desensitised to it by this point.
Original post by sinfonietta
People have just become desensitised to it by this point.

Agreed. Another thing that means people don’t report on this part of the world as much is pictures. Tv news needs pictures in order to make a story, with Syria you don’t often get pictures so you can’t really make a huge story out of it.
it will be a good day when assad is gone
No one gives a 2nd look, which is sad. But expected
Original post by Palmyra
Keep dreaming and crying salafist tears as the Syrian Government continues to liberate its sovereign territory from terrorist scum like you and your extremist ilk.

im not salafi :u:

Quick Reply