rosacherry
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi! this is my grow your grades thread

I'm currently between year 10 and 11 so I've got my GCSEs in 10 months (eek).

I'm currently predicted 7s and 8s but I want to move towards predictions of 8s and 9s as well as changing to higher French.

Please feel free to advise resources down below, I'll try and update regularly but it's hard during the holidays lol.
LeanneTheUni
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You should 100% go on Seneca Learning and give it a go. It’s free online for as long as you want, but buying premium (especially just before exams) they give predicted papers and higher questions for people like you aiming for top grades!! It literally helped me through my GCSEs this year <3
rosacherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeanneTheUni)
You should 100% go on Seneca Learning and give it a go. It’s free online for as long as you want, but buying premium (especially just before exams) they give predicted papers and higher questions for people like you aiming for top grades!! It literally helped me through my GCSEs this year <3
thank you so much for the suggestion! my school has begun using Seneca throughout this year however it has been one of my goals to use this resource more often. I must get into the habit of making notes during sessions though to help retain info... Seneca is a blessing though 😂
rosacherry
Rep:
?
currently wondering if I should get a maths tutor... I've always been pretty good at maths but I seem to be falling behind as I can't seem to remember ANYTHING!!! I can't tell if it's because of recent health issues or my rubbish teacher - or maybe a combination of both. I want to study maths and further maths A-level so it's a bit essential to get a good grade 😂. I'm having a new teacher in September anyway so I might wait until November to make a final decision on the matter
rosacherry
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
A-Level Choices!

I'm really stuck for what to choose for my A-Levels, my issue is that I love too many subjects 😂

so I want to study maths and philosophy at uni, the main entry requirements being maths and sciences however I don't want to stop studying philosophy after GCSE and I also don't want to give up chemistry! I believe that most sixth-forms only allow you to take 3 subjects now so here are my options

1. Chemistry, Maths, Philosophy
2. Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths
3. Chemistry Maths Physics
4. Maths, Further Maths,Philosophy
5. Maths, Further Maths, Physics
rosacherry
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently had parents evening and everything is looking good apart from French 😂 even if (when) I mess up French I should still come out with 8 grade 7-9 gcses which is really positive because that's the average for Oxford
rosacherry
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I had an RS practice paper last week and came out with a grade 8, super buzzed as I was expecting a 4 lol. still very nervous for my mocks which are from the 18th-29th November. eek!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.23%
Labour (443)
42.6%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.33%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)