psg611
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone applied for border force officer job July 2019? Anyone got interview invitation yet?
It said that interviews from 29july and checked my application and it says under review, quite strange.
Advertisement
Frisket
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello

Ive applied for the july 2019 and was going to create a thread, good i saw yours. Tbh they never adhere to their timelines, if u read on the other threads, there is a long wait. Try and add july 2019 on your title so that everyone can be on one thread. I’ll ask the others to have a look on this one. Cheers
Boltonboy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello to people on this thread, I'm on the October 2018 applications thread just seen this thread to give you an idea of timelines applied on deadline Nov 18, interview June 19, July reserve list and wait....... Looking at the timelines it takes around 15mths that's based on people who applied in April 18.
Advertisement
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for Gatwick and stansted and still waiting also
(Original post by psg611)
Has anyone applied for border force officer job July 2019? Anyone got interview invitation yet?
It said that interviews from 29july and checked my application and it says under review, quite strange.
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also see brook Street is offering temporary border force assistant officers jobs at Portsmouth, tilbury and Heathrow
Advertisement
psg611
Rep:
?
Yeah I noticed that, my friend just told me she got interviewed for assistant officer and she's on waiting list but that was via civil service not brook street
(Original post by mcclorp)
I also see brook Street is offering temporary border force assistant officers jobs at Portsmouth, tilbury and Heathrow
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I noticed that, my friend just told me she got interviewed for assistant officer and she's on waiting list but that was via civil service not brook street
I’m waiting to see if I got interview for Gatwick and Stansted
Advertisement
Yvonne 86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for the July intake for Heathrow and heard nothing as of yet....
psg611
Rep:
?
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it's soon
(Original post by Yvonne 86)
I applied for the July intake for Heathrow and heard nothing as of yet....
Advertisement
Yvonne 86
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They normally take about a month to do the sift, so I feel 29th of July was a bit optimistic of them anyway....😊 I won’t expect to hear from them until middle of August really.....
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it's soon
zowa91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mine to. I check everyday to see if something changes. I applied literally two days before the application was due.
Advertisement
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I waited 2 years on my Bristol post and withdrew and back to square 1
(Original post by zowa91)
Mine to. I check everyday to see if something changes. I applied literally two days before the application was due.
SewerTroll
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So the results of the new funding appeared tonight with adverts for 79 BFO’s and 263 Apprenticeships last 18 months with the possibility of an AO role at the end. These posts are solely at Seaports and include new units at some ports.

Attachment 838778
Attachment 838780

I have started a new thread for this in the Careers sub forum Public Sector “Border Force Posts Advert 29th July 2019
Advertisement
C98bax
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I also applied for this role
Fingers crossed for everyone 👍
Forum_94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for this too and have been checking daily. However I looked at the vacancy pack properly today and apparently the actual job post is for roles “anticipated” between now and March 2020. However I find this quite confusing as they did state on their job vacancy that there were 30 posts at Heathrow. Looking at previous threads I think we will be waiting a while.
C98bax
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I might have a read as I didn’t know that either!
And yeah I’ve been reading a few posts waiting for them to open recruitment again for the past few months, and it seems that the whole process can take absolutely ages. I hope it doesn’t but it seems most likely unfortunately

(Original post by Forum_94)
I applied for this too and have been checking daily. However I looked at the vacancy pack properly today and apparently the actual job post is for roles “anticipated” between now and March 2020. However I find this quite confusing as they did state on their job vacancy that there were 30 posts at Heathrow. Looking at previous threads I think we will be waiting a while.
xuser97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck guys
Advertisement
Dipthong
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boltonboy)
Hello to people on this thread, I'm on the October 2018 applications thread just seen this thread to give you an idea of timelines applied on deadline Nov 18, interview June 19, July reserve list and wait....... Looking at the timelines it takes around 15mths that's based on people who applied in April 18.
I can confirm as a previous applicant (and now a serving officer) that it took around 12 months for most of us from application to induction. For some, it was even longer.
At the induction we were told that this is quite normal - don't expect too much to happen very quickly!

Best of luck, everyone.
Boltonboy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dipthong)
I can confirm as a previous applicant (and now a serving officer) that it took around 12 months for most of us from application to induction. For some, it was even longer.
At the induction we were told that this is quite normal - don't expect too much to happen very quickly!

Best of luck, everyone.
Hi, how long were you on the Reserves list and how long did it take to get to start induction? Thanks
Dipthong
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I didn't go to reserve.
There were around 11 months of very little activity and then, all within the final two to three weeks, I got my security clearance, a formal offer, and the induction and training start dates!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.4%
Pop (167)
24.85%
Jazz (26)