Boltonboy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dipthong)
Hi, I didn't go to reserve.
There were around 11 months of very little activity and then, all within the final two to three weeks, I got my security clearance, a formal offer, and the induction and training start dates!
Bloody hell mad or what! Well it's just sit and wait now, cheers
Dipthong
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boltonboy)
Bloody hell mad or what! Well it's just sit and wait now, cheers
The one thing I can tell you is that it's an omnishambles (and probably going to get worse now...)

Many of the people I work with come from other law enforcement bodies and they all say the same:
"I thought the Police/Prison Service/whatever was bad but this makes them seem efficient!"

Be prepared to have your patience tested, it's a good job and the people are great though.
Boltonboy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dipthong)
The one thing I can tell you is that it's an omnishambles (and probably going to get worse now...)

Many of the people I work with come from other law enforcement bodies and they all say the same:
"I thought the Police/Prison Service/whatever was bad but this makes them seem efficient!"

Be prepared to have your patience tested, it's a good job and the people are great though.
Is there a perceivable shortage staff on the ground or is manning OK atm?
Dipthong
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Boltonboy)
Is there a perceivable shortage staff on the ground or is manning OK atm?
It's very variable - it can depend on arrivas and schedules. If one big flight comes in late and bunches up with another then you'll get a gap in flow but a real rush when they offload together that is hard to cope with. The general feeling is that we're stretched most of the time though.
zuluzuluzulu123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey guys, i got an interview for the 14th of august,,,,, has anyone else? im kinda scared bc idk which path i want to take in general... and the interview is 45mins??!?!?!?!
psg611
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by zuluzuluzulu123)
hey guys, i got an interview for the 14th of august,,,,, has anyone else? im kinda scared bc idk which path i want to take in general... and the interview is 45mins??!?!?!?!
Good luck mate, no nothing yet, just checked and still saying under review.
zuluzuluzulu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by psg611)
Good luck mate, no nothing yet, just checked and still saying under review.
thank you so much!!!!!! this is literally my first ever proper job interview and idk how to prepare.. they've given me what they're gonna interview me on but still
mcclorp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where is the interview for I’m waiting on Gatwick and stansted
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which port you apply too
psg611
Rep:
?
thank you so much!!!!!! this is literally my first ever proper job interview and idk how to prepare.. they've given me what they're gonna interview me on but still
Is it scenario based interview?? There is no right and wrong answer to it. Let us know how it goes and hope it goes well for you.
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else get interviews
Frisket
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi

First of all congratulation on getting an interview. Is it the july recruitment that you got interview.
zuluzuluzulu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mcclorp)
Where is the interview for I’m waiting on Gatwick and stansted
gatwick and stansted!
zuluzuluzulu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it scenario based interview?? There is no right and wrong answer to it. Let us know how it goes and hope it goes well for you.
i have no idea, they said they'll assess me on the two following behaviours, Managing a Quality Service and Making Effective Decisions in addition to some strength based questions. that is all. thank you so much, and i will.
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mustn’t have got one then I applied for both 😩
zuluzuluzulu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frisket)
Hi

First of all congratulation on getting an interview. Is it the july recruitment that you got interview.
thank you so much. i applied for it in june so i have no idea,,,,, it has 4 posts available.
Frisket
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok thanks for replying. Goodluck to you, do let us know how it goes
psg611
Rep:
?
i have no idea, they said they'll assess me on the two following behaviours, Managing a Quality Service and Making Effective Decisions in addition to some strength based questions. that is all. thank you so much, and i will.
So 2 competency based and rest scenarios, just use STAR method for competencies.
zuluzuluzulu123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So 2 competency based and rest scenarios, just use STAR method for competencies.
i have never heard of STAR... oh nooo
mcclorp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The jobs I applied for has 10 positions for Gatwick and stansted so different campaigns
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%
Electronic (53)
6.76%
Indie (128)
16.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise