Labour vs conservatives - financial policy’s Watch

LeWis:)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ll be old enough to vote this year so was wondering if someone would be able to answer this question.

Will people making the average uk wage (about 35k I think) see more money in the pockets under labour or the conservatives?

I’ve read something about the Tories raising the income tax personal allowances but when it comes to labour I can only find details about taxing high earners.
Neilos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Purely on tax policies, probably little to no difference, based on what's actually published.

The biggest impact is likely to be down to what happens to the economy under each government - growth, job creation, supply and demand for skills, and so on. I'd personally trust one side a lot more than the other when it comes to economic governance, but that's just my view.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Neilos)
I'd personally trust one side a lot more than the other when it comes to economic governance, but that's just my view.
I used to be like that too. But the Tories are currently destrying everything that was good about this country. My son will be in a class of 31 next year (set to 30 by Tony Blair in 1997). So whilst the Tories are hell bent in setting us back to 1990 Labour seem to want to go back to 1975.

I trust neither right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%