The Student Room Group

I'm scared something will go wrong with marking my gcses

I just have this horrid feeling idk why, especially with english lang and lit - what if the examiner doesn't like what I've written or misunderstands it?Anyone else?
Hi there, from what I know, if the examiner is unable to read/understand your script they will send it to another examiner. However, these examiners have done hundreds of script papers; I’m sure they’ll understand your paper. Did you plan beforehand?
If you question your result you can ask for a remark. In my English GSCE I wrote a piece very critical if the education system, failed, had the paper remarked and passed it.
Reply 3
The examiners are highly trained and rigorously policed. Often, challenging scripts are checked again by team leaders. Handwriting can be a pain but as long as it's legible, there won't be a problem.

In terms of content, if you've offered opinions that are well supported, developed and relevant then you'll be rewarded appropriately.

As mentioned above, you do have the option of a marking review if you really feel an injustice has been done. Were you particularly controversial or unusual in an exam response?

PM if you prefer.

Quick Reply

Latest