Glasgow or Northumbria for MSc Psychology (Conversion)?

Watch
Zilean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
First post here so apologies if this has already been mentioned. I have received an unconditional offer from both universities and I really cant decide which one to choose. I know the obvious choice is Glasgow but I am concerned about the course being offered by the school of education along with the fact that most tutors' research areas are too neuroscience focused. I am leaning towards Northumbria since student satisfaction for the conversion course also seems to be higher compared to Glasgow, but I would like to hear your thoughts and especially from people who have already attended either of those two.
Last edited by Zilean; 1 year ago
IPEguy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I don’t know about psychology so if you feel that’s extremely relevant here then take below as you wish.

Are you talking about the respected UofG? If so hands down pick there. Student satisfaction means nothing honestly it’s a survey done at the end of the course 25% bother to do it and it takes 5 mins.

Look at league tables for student satisfaction and have a laugh, see how low Cambridge is compared to Hull or similar.

Pick Glasgow there’s absolutely no contest and you’d really be making a mistake in my opinion.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zilean)
First post here so apologies if this has already been mentioned. I have received an unconditional offer from both universities and I really cant decide which one to choose. I know the obvious choice is Glasgow but I am concerned about the course being offered by the school of education along with the fact that most tutors' research areas are too neuroscience focused. I am leaning towards Northumbria since student satisfaction for the conversion course also seems to be higher compared to Glasgow, but I would like to hear your thoughts and especially from people who have already attended either of those two.
Who cares which School provides the degree? Student satisfaction is a useless metric to judge universities by - all a Uni has to do is give students something free/promote a popular academic/promise an easier exam process etc a week before the questionnaire and the satisfaction score increases. Most students at Northumbria are just happy a university gave them a place! Glasgow, hands down.
Zilean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you both!
MarinaAndreoli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Zilean,I wonder if you can share an update on this. Did you choose Glasgow?I’m in the exact same position a year later; but my big question is around price. Northumbria is half the price - and most modules seem similar except for an extra half a year of optional courses at Glasgow? I fully believe education requires investment but one would make life a whole lot easier. Would love to hear your opinions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.21%
Virtual campus tours/open days (101)
23.01%
Live streaming events (39)
8.88%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (42)
9.57%
A uni comparison tool (101)
23.01%
An in-person event when available (98)
22.32%