How to apply for an alevel during your gap year? ( emergency)

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My experience at college/sixth form has not been the best, i was only able to do 2 a levels and needless to say i do not have a good relationship with my college and do not know where to turn to. Where do i go to apply for another alevel?! I really would like to get all 3 of my alevels so that i can go to uni.
Any help would be appreciated
adviceisallineed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
have you looked into going to other colleges?
(Original post by amber2106)
My experience at college/sixth form has not been the best, i was only able to do 2 a levels and needless to say i do not have a good relationship with my college and do not know where to turn to. Where do i go to apply for another alevel?! I really would like to get all 3 of my alevels so that i can go to uni.
Any help would be appreciated
amber2106
Rep:
?
I looked to another college thats fairly close to me and no where on their college website did they mention take on people applying for additional a level , do most colleges allow people to apply. Do you think i should email them ?
(Original post by adviceisallineed)
have you looked into going to other colleges?
adviceisallineed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think you can do 2 a levels at one college and then another in a different college.
You could either apply to the other college for all 3 a levels in September (which means you'd have to do them for 2 years), or apply for the additional a level in your college (which means you'd have to do it for 2 years) and continue the 2 a levels you're already doing till next june/july.
And then apply to uni in sept 2021.

I suppose you could try emailing the college if you wanted to

btw,
what a levels are you doing right now?
what additional a level do you want to do?
what course do you want to do at uni?
what are your expected a levels?
what did you get in your gcses?
I looked to another college thats fairly close to me and no where on their college website did they mention take on people applying for additional a level , do most colleges allow people to apply. Do you think i should email them ?
amber2106
Rep:
?
My GCSES were manily B's and C's so quite average
And my predicted grades were also B and C
I took alevel eng lit and law and have completed those a levels.
However i want go to uni in 2020 and complete the additional a level in one year instead of two years as i have heard of quite a few people doing that and also because i dropped the 3rd alevel i was doing at the time at the end of the 1st year . I have looked at paying online for an alevel course, studying independently and then taking your exam in June/July.
I know its an option people do not typically take but if i want to apply to uni in 2020 and i have done half the course already would it not be more efficient? The only problem is references from teachers and predicted grades.
Thanks for your help btw
(Original post by adviceisallineed)
I don't think you can do 2 a levels at one college and then another in a different college.
You could either apply to the other college for all 3 a levels in September (which means you'd have to do them for 2 years), or apply for the additional a level in your college (which means you'd have to do it for 2 years) and continue the 2 a levels you're already doing till next june/july.
And then apply to uni in sept 2021.

I suppose you could try emailing the college if you wanted to

btw,
what a levels are you doing right now?
what additional a level do you want to do?
what course do you want to do at uni?
what are your expected a levels?
what did you get in your gcses?
Last edited by amber2106; 1 year ago
adviceisallineed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ohh im so sorry. I thought you were in y12 lol.
anyways that's a good idea and im glad that I was of some help.
My GCSES were manily B's and C's so quite average
And my predicted grades were also B and C
I took alevel eng lit and law and have completed those a levels.
However i want go to uni in 2020 and complete the additional a level in one year instead of two years as i have heard of quite a few people doing that and also because i dropped the 3rd alevel i was doing at the time at the end of the 1st year . I have looked at paying online for an alevel course, studying independently and then taking your exam in June/July.
I know its an option people do not typically take but if i want to apply to uni in 2020 and i have done half the course already would it not be more efficient? The only problem is references from teachers and predicted grades.
Thanks for your help btw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.74%
I'm not sure (2)
1.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (39)
31.45%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (58)
46.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed