The Student Room Group

Missed phone call - help!

On Tuesday I went to the Asda life assessment/job interview and it went really well. The managers that were holding the interview insinuated that we'd all got the job (5 of us), but they'd call back in 3+ days so they could check our paperwork, etc.

Fast forward to today and I missed their phone call! They said they'd phone us either way, if we'd got the job or not.. I tried to call back but it was an automated line + switchboard, so that wasn't of any use.

What should I do? I really need this job.
Should I go into the store and speak to someone face to face, or would they have already just passed me up because I didn't answer?

Thanks in advance 😫
Original post by CosimasDelphine
On Tuesday I went to the Asda life assessment/job interview and it went really well. The managers that were holding the interview insinuated that we'd all got the job (5 of us), but they'd call back in 3+ days so they could check our paperwork, etc.

Fast forward to today and I missed their phone call! They said they'd phone us either way, if we'd got the job or not.. I tried to call back but it was an automated line + switchboard, so that wasn't of any use.

Should I go into the store and speak to someone face to face, or would they have already just passed me up because I didn't answer?

Thanks in advance 😫

Perhaps wait a few days? Don’t worry, they’ll phone you back. Also check your emails incase they’ve sent you any documents

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by CosimasDelphine

Thanks in advance 😫

Id check your emails, just in case they have sent you anything.
Try calling the number again. And look on the internet to see if you can find another phone number for the store and try and call that.
If all else fails, id nip into the store in the week. Hopefully they may call you again before then.
Reply 3
How do you know it was them that called? Did they leave a voicemail? You could call the number to see who it was. If they haven't got back to you it could be because they have a lot of applicants, just wait. If they don't contact you by next week then give home them a call.
I googled the number and it was the number for my local store. I've already called the number, it's just an automated thing for Asda that takes you through to a regional(?) switchboard, so I had no luck. They have got back to me, it's just that I missed the call.. that's literally the problem
Original post by s817
How do you know it was them that called? Did they leave a voicemail? You could call the number to see who it was. If they haven't got back to you it could be because they have a lot of applicants, just wait. If they don't contact you by next week then give home them a call.
Reply 5
keep trying to call, the best time to call is in the morning
You need to speak to customer services at your store and ask for the manager or person in charge that took your assessment. Explain to them that it was the assessment on x day and they will know who hosted it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending