Will uni fees drop in 2021? Watch

YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I read somewhere that Jeremy Corbyn would make uni fees drop slightly in 2021, but the new repayment method will mean that the student will end up paying back more of it, whereas atm most students barely pay back any of it before it's written off. So basically I don't want this to happen lol. Is this actually confirmed to happen?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
I read somewhere that Jeremy Corbyn would make uni fees drop slightly in 2021, but the new repayment method will mean that the student will end up paying back more of it, whereas atm most students barely pay back any of it before it's written off. So basically I don't want this to happen lol. Is this actually confirmed to happen?
Jeremy Corbyn isnt PM yet. There will be a general election before then.
https://thetab.com/uk/2019/05/30/uni...by-2021-103041
Jane23d
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Jeremy Corbyn isnt PM yet. There will be a general election before then.
https://thetab.com/uk/2019/05/30/uni...by-2021-103041
That's not really what I'm asking. Is it confirmed that this change is actually going to happen?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
That's not really what I'm asking. Is it confirmed that this change is actually going to happen?
Ok nvm a bit too complex for me. GL. I will go and answer something more on my level.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How can the change be guaranteed if the bloke pushing it is not in power?
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
How can the change be guaranteed if the bloke pushing it is not in power?
Maybe I misunderstood that it was due to Corbyn. The article 999tigger linked only really mentioned Theresa May. That's not really relevant though- do you know if the change is confirmed or just a hypothetical thing?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe I misunderstood that it was due to Corbyn. The article 999tigger linked only really mentioned Theresa May. That's not really relevant though- do you know if the change is confirmed or just a hypothetical thing?
I don't know 100%, but I do know that the institutions for which I work are preparing for fees to be lowered, so that might be taken as some sort of indicator.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you on about this independant report that suggested an alternative student finance system that came out 2/3 months ago with a £7K loan/year but higher repayments & interest?

Its not in Labour policy or Tory. Its just a report atm. & for the average student they would be worse off, so i doubt it would get implemented. Also JC couldn't do anything in 2021 (unless a no confidence vote, then win an election but tbh thats not going to happen)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.57%
Excited (156)
9.16%
Worried (305)
17.91%
Terrified (379)
22.25%
Meh (165)
9.69%
Confused (37)
2.17%