Isn't this unfair or illegal?! Admissions website errors Watch

tasnim_chelbi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
my sister was verifying the list of universities she's applying for after her college admission exams in France, however the website doesn't work properly for mobile phones so she couldn't verify the list properly basically now all of her efforts and the university she could have gotten in are blown away bcz of a mistake that isn't hers. We are sure that the mistake was bcz of the mobile display of the website, but they said nothing can be helped and she can't accept any offers.Is there anything we can do about this .She could have gotten a scholarship but now she cantt .
Last edited by tasnim_chelbi; 3 weeks ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tasnim_chelbi)
my sister was verifying the list of universities she's applying for after her college admission exams in France, however the website doesn't work properly for mobile phones so she couldn't verify the list properly basically now all of her efforts and the university she could have gotten in are blown away bcz of a mistake that isn't hers. We are sure that the mistake was bcz of the mobile display of the website, but they said nothing can be helped and she can't accept any offers.Is there anything we can do about this .She could have gotten a scholarship but now she cantt .
You're going to have to give more detail. Which website are referring to? Did you contact the website's helpline or tech support?
tasnim_chelbi
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
You're going to have to give more detail. Which website are referring to? Did you contact the website's helpline or tech support?
sorry if this isn't UK related I was asking in general. this is the website I'm referring to https://www.scei-concours.fr we contacted them immediately they took so long to answer and said there's nothing we can do about this we contacted the director of her college where she's taking her preparatory lessons for physics and chemistry he said this couldn't be helped. However, there was a year a friend of my brother had something similar with the same website (let me add that it was his fault as he missed the deadline bcz of the time difference) and they corrected everything immediately
Last edited by tasnim_chelbi; 3 weeks ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tasnim_chelbi)
sorry if this isn't UK related I was asking in general. this is the website I'm referring to https://www.scei-concours.fr we contacted them immediately they took so long to answer and said there's nothing we can do about this we contacted the director of her college where she's taking her preparatory lessons for physics and chemistry he said this couldn't be helped. However, there was a year a friend of my brother had something similar with the same website and they corrected everything immediately
Okay, I've moved your thread to the International Study forum, but as this is primarily a UK-centric website, you may have more luck by posting on French/Mainland Europe student forums.
tasnim_chelbi
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Okay, I've moved your thread to the International Study forum, but as this is primarily a UK-centric website, you may have more luck by posting on French/Mainland Europe student forums
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.51%
Excited (93)
9.17%
Worried (190)
18.74%
Terrified (230)
22.68%
Meh (78)
7.69%
Confused (27)
2.66%