This discussion is closed.
HaAh98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
During the holidays, I would like to learn how to edit and make videos. Can anyone give me any advice on how to get started (it should preferably be as cheap as possible )
Martins1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on a number of factors: what are you editing for? what software are you using? etc

I would say that editing videos has two key skills: being able to use the software, but more fundamentally, knowing the basics of video editing.

To both, I'd say messing around with video editors and teaching yourself using youtube videos is genuinely one of the best methods. For the former, you'll need whatever software you want to use, for the latter (and more important one), you can use something as simple as Windows Movie Maker (free) - it teaches basic skills about how to edit etc. It will also teach you the limitations of free/cheap tech and what you'd want to get from more expensive software.
gandrew00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HaAh98)
During the holidays, I would like to learn how to edit and make videos. Can anyone give me mcdvoice any advice on how to get started (it should preferably be as cheap as possible )
that's nice that you have thought of learning different
Last edited by gandrew00; 1 year ago
Keziaza
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can start with a youtube videos about it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (170)
41.67%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.95%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (169)
41.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.96%

Watched Threads