can a secondry student have a freindship with former teachers?? Watch

amwiehouse1233
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
someone asked me if they are in seondry school can they text their former primary school teacher? and is this aloud?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by amwiehouse1233)
someone asked me if they are in seondry school can they text their former primary school teacher? and is this aloud?
Yes, but remember teachers are very busy and may not have time to be regular friends. It is up to the teacher. And by friends I assume you mean just friends.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by amwiehouse1233)
How do they have access to the teacher's number? Unless the teacher has given it to them, I'd say it's unfair to message the teacher.

Whilst, in theory, there are no rules against this, the teacher would potentially be leaving themselves vulnerable to allegations of e.g. grooming.

Unless there's a legitimate reason for them to be in contact, such as doing a hobby together, I'd suggest the teacher would be unlikely to reply or form a friendship.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd send a text complaining he didn't teach you how to spell secondary correctly.
amwiehouse1233
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Yes I mean just friends but is this still aloud if they have left the school

(Original post by 999tigger)
Yes, but remember teachers are very busy and may not have time to be regular friends. It is up to the teacher. And by friends I assume you mean just friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (224)
13.67%
Impatient (207)
12.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise