86 hours of gaming in the past 2 weeks Watch

Huckipity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It works out at about 5.9 hours a day which I know is a lot, but is it at the point where it's excessive? It is the summer holidays after all, and I don't use my phone or watch much YouTube. I play this much whilst having enough time to occasionally go out with friends and go to the gym every other day so I'm not sat inside all day. Do I need to play less
I'mPooPoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Huckipity)
It works out at about 5.9 hours a day which I know is a lot, but is it at the point where it's excessive? It is the summer holidays after all, and I don't use my phone or watch much YouTube. I play this much whilst having enough time to occasionally go out with friends and go to the gym every other day so I'm not sat inside all day. Do I need to play less
I would say it’s still a little excessive. Try to cut it down to 2-3 hours a day if possible.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah, that's not too much. Too little I'd say, honestly.
Huckipity
Rep:
?
You sure? :eek:
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Nah, that's not too much. Too little I'd say, honestly.
Huckipity
Rep:
?
What can I do in the day then? I exercise and go out with friends sometimes, so there's not much else to do. A lot of people go on their phones or watch Netflix for hours which I don't do so I guess I spend that time on my Pc.
(Original post by I'mPooPoo)
I would say it’s still a little excessive. Try to cut it down to 2-3 hours a day if possible.
I'mPooPoo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What can I do in the day then? I exercise and go out with friends sometimes, so there's not much else to do. A lot of people go on their phones or watch Netflix for hours which I don't do so I guess I spend that time on my Pc.
Tbf you’re right so keep doing what you’re doing. Replace gaming with tv and you got most of the population doing the same amount of hours as you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Seems fine to me
rom41
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just be careful with your posture, don't sit too close to the screen, stretch and move around every hour or so. Gaming is as every other activity, it becomes a problem if it prevents you from doing more important stuff, so if you're okay with your studies, have some friends and you're physically active, it's all good I think.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You sure? :eek:
Yeah, if I didn't have exams, I'd be playing more than that. In fact that's about how much I played on school nights some years ago. I mean, you're doing other things as well, so I don't see the problem as long as you enjoy it.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
I think its fine if you are enjoying yourself.

Other things you could be doing are working or studying. Dating?

I wouldnt worry as long as your parents are ok with it and you worked hard enough for your exams.
Huckipity
Rep:
?
Yeah I definitely worked hard for my exams so I guess I've earned it, but I still feel guilty. I wish I could spend all my time dating, but there's not many girls I speak to
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think its fine if you are enjoying yourself.

Other things you could be doing are working or studying. Dating?

I wouldnt worry as long as your parents are ok with it and you worked hard enough for your exams.
Huckipity
Rep:
?
Haha, that makes me feel better. I thought you were being sarcastic at first
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Yeah, if I didn't have exams, I'd be playing more than that. In fact that's about how much I played on school nights some years ago. I mean, you're doing other things as well, so I don't see the problem as long as you enjoy it.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah I definitely worked hard for my exams so I guess I've earned it, but I still feel guilty. I wish I could spend all my time dating, but there's not many girls I speak to
Honestly dont worry. Some games take much longer than what you suggest and you can play a lot more than that. If you get bored then do other things.
Ja78975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Out of curiosity, what game you do play? I think I may know
Huckipity
Rep:
?
I'm playing quite a few at the moment including: Rainbow Six siege, Astroneer, Prey and very rarely Minecraft
(Original post by Ja78975)
Out of curiosity, what game you do play? I think I may know
Ja78975
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm playing quite a few at the moment including: Rainbow Six siege, Astroneer, Prey and very rarely Minecraft
oh right ok
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If I had the latest fallout or Skyrim AND time off work, I’d say 6 hours a day was quite low. I’d break for lunch and dinner and that would be about it until I’d broken the back of it. Days would pass by just wandering around to see what they interesting cabin over yonder is.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're on your holidays, you're still going to the gym and seeing friends. If playing games is what you want to do when you're at home then that's fine.
Switch01
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thats not too bad bud, other ppl literally watch netflix/youtube for longer
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As long as you're enjoying yourself then no, you don't need to play less. You've time off so it's not as if it's interfering with school/work and it's clearly not impacting your social life any.

...posted while waiting through a loading screen in Dynasty Warriors 8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (157)
13.44%
Excited (104)
8.9%
Worried (216)
18.49%
Terrified (270)
23.12%
Meh (93)
7.96%
Confused (32)
2.74%