Any Electronic And Computer Systems Engineers here? Watch

jmlk12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I’m extremely interested in the software portion of computers but the colleges of my choice do not offer Software Engineering as a major . How do these 2 fields relate ? What does Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering mainly revolve around? Need help!
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Electronic engineer will design the physical electronics of devices. Software deveopers write the code that runs on it. However in the embedded world where most electronics engineers work many devices are now programmed with code and software devs need a good understanding of the electronics they arewriting software for.

If you are in college, choose maths and physics or another science. If going to uni be aware that electronics is much more maths based so ideally that needs to be one of your strengths. For software dev, problem solving is the main skill.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Computer Systems Engineering is basically half CS + half EEE
jmlk12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there alot of coding & programming that goes into it?
(Original post by ltsmith)
Computer Systems Engineering is basically half CS + half EEE
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jmlk12)
Is there alot of coding & programming that goes into it?
depends where you study.

some places teach CS in a very theoretical manner, i.e. lots of discrete maths and very little practical software development.

EEE doesn't have much programming other than the occasional C and MATLAB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads