The Student Room Group

Question about Clearing

I’ve been looking at clearing courses in the circumstance I don’t get my insurance.

My question is, will the unis expect you to meet the entry requirements for the clearing choice or will they accept if you’re a few grades below?

Any and all help is appreciated :smile:
I think they accept people with lower grades not too sure tho.
Have you just been looking in the ucas search tool? Cos I feel like there’s sooo many courses in clearing
Reply 2
Original post by Engineering18
I think they accept people with lower grades not too sure tho.
Have you just been looking in the ucas search tool? Cos I feel like there’s sooo many courses in clearing

I’ve barely started to look at it, just a bit of exploring. Also, if I get my insurance, could I still check clearing without rejecting my insurance?
Yeah you can but I’m not sure how. You will have to ring the new uni to see if they can offer you a place. Then you will decline your insurance offer and apply to the new uni in clearing and they will accept you.
Original post by SS__
I’ve been looking at clearing courses in the circumstance I don’t get my insurance.

My question is, will the unis expect you to meet the entry requirements for the clearing choice or will they accept if you’re a few grades below?

Any and all help is appreciated :smile:

In Clearing, people are often accepted with one or two grades below the usual entry requirement, no guarantees though as how flexible they will be depends on a lot of factors.

If you get your Insurance, you can still phone up other unis in Clearing to make enquiries. If you did decide that you wanted to jump ship to a different uni, you would need to self release yourself into Clearing - the option to do this will become available on your UCAS Track once you have your results and an unconditional Firm offer. Be careful to think the decision through carefully though, as once you have declined an offer, it may not be possible to get it back if you change your mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending