DimVrail
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've recently finished my Bachelor in Information Management, and i would like to ask you, if I can use an Msc in accounting and finance and essentially the university connections in order to get an early type job in accounting here in the UK, since I tried to find an apprenticeship or a graduate job in order to obtain AAT or ACCA while studying without any result.

I know that's its better to self-study but because my current work is in a small accounting office here in my hometown i can't afford to spend money for either and honestly even if I can complete AAT ( because its easier and cheaper) as I planned I don't really believe that I'll have any potential to get a job in the UK without any job experience.

So my plan is to finish a master in a specific Uni that is relatively cheap (like 6-8k, which i can pay using the Master's loan and get a part-time job to pay my other expenses ), and use the connections from the Uni in order to get a graduate or an internship. Is it possible thought?

I would like to get answers mostly from postgraduates that enrolled in accounting or finance and how easy were to find a job afterward.

Thank you all.
Last edited by DimVrail; 1 year ago
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DimVrail)
I've recently finished my Bachelor in Information Management, and i would like to ask you, if I can use an Msc in accounting and finance and essentially the university connections in order to get an early type job in accounting here in the UK, since I tried to find an apprenticeship or a graduate job in order to obtain AAT or ACCA while studying without any result.

I know that's its better to self-study but because my current work is in a small accounting office here in my hometown i can't afford to spend money for either and honestly even if I can complete AAT ( because its easier and cheaper) as I planned I don't really believe that I'll have any potential to get a job in the UK without any job experience.

So my plan is to finish a master in a specific Uni that is relatively cheap (like 6-8k, which i can pay using the Master's loan and get a part-time job to pay my other expenses ), and use the connections from the Uni in order to get a graduate or an internship. Is it possible thought?

I would like to get answers mostly from postgraduates that enrolled in accounting or finance and how easy were to find a job afterward.

Thank you all.
I think you may get better responses if you post in the careers: finance and accounting and university courses: Accounting and finance sections. This is a thread which may be of interest: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5548956. A couple of the people posting on there have posted on similar threads so might be worth checking their posting histories and considering DMing them,

It would be helpful for considering questions of employability if you specify:

- A level (or equivalent) grades, whether you took maths and degree grade
- What your experience has been to date in looking for graduate roles and how long you have been looking
- what your current work is, what tasks you do, whether it is a permanent or temporary job and how long you have been in it.
- which part(s) of the UK you would hope to work in
- any particular things which may be important to employers (such as languages).

Which masters course were you looking at? Could you post a link? They seem to vary a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (335)
43.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed