Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This is the damage on the other car
Attached files
siamsam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From what I've seen there was a coming together between the front of the Uber car and the rear of your car which sort of indicates that the Uber driver wasn't fully alongside you when the incident happened, the front of his car was alongside the rear of your car. I honestly don't think that you did anything wrong here, the Uber driver wasn't in a position to merge in front of you and it sounds like he's trying it on.
A word of warning (which hopefully you'll never need) - never admit liability to an RTA at the scene of an incident - let your insurance company do what you're paying them for.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should have seen there was a merge, it's clearly indicated. However I fail to see how this guy has literally driven into the side of your car and thinks it's your fault? Of course you should allow people to merge if their lane is ending but there's only so much you can do it's still up to them to merge safely... Unless you suddenly braked or accelerated as he merged (and tbh he should be watching in case you're forced to brake) this is his fault.

Don't tell your insurance you didn't notice the merge signage.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Uber driver should have known you can only merge into empty road, you cannot merge into another car. :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise