A$AP Rocky arrested in Sweden for violent assault; Trump orders Sweden to release him Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Very disappointed in Prime Minister Stefan Löfven for being unable to act. Sweden has let our African American Community down in the United States. I watched the tapes of A$AP Rocky, and he was being followed and harassed by troublemakers. Treat Americans fairly!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Give A$AP Rocky his FREEDOM. We do so much for Sweden but it doesn’t seem to work the other way around. Sweden should focus on its real crime problem! #FreeRocky

"A$AP Rocky" (Rakim Athelaston Mayers) was arrested for violent assault with a glass bottle. That is a "real crime". But of course, Kanye West has the ear of the US's celebrity in chief, who thinks Sweden has some sort of obligation to America's African-American community that it is breaching by applying the law to a celebrity.

The incident has taken on a life of its own, and in the latest development, Sweden alleges that "A$AP"'s team have stirred up his fans by posting doctored videos on instagram.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)

"A$AP Rocky" (Rakim Athelaston Mayers) was arrested for violent assault with a glass bottle. That is a "real crime". But of course, Kanye West has the ear of the US's celebrity in chief, who thinks Sweden has some sort of obligation to America's African-American community that it is breaching by applying the law to a celebrity.

The incident has taken on a life of its own, and in the latest development, Sweden alleges that "A$AP"'s team have stirred up his fans by posting doctored videos on instagram.
They were being followed and harassed, and the girls in their group were sexually assaulted by these lads. I think the Swedish government are angry that the situation shone light onto their inability to keep their "new citizens" under control.

Sweden jailing victims and releasing criminals shouldn't be a shock to anyone.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sweden combined is more of a ****hole than London alone, they literally don't allow ANY self defence, if someone beats you up, you are pretty much just required to do nothing especially if the "refugees" are involved
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
They were being followed and harassed, and the girls in their group were sexually assaulted by these lads. I think the Swedish government are angry that the situation shone light onto their inability to keep their "new citizens" under control.

Sweden jailing victims and releasing criminals shouldn't be a shock to anyone.
You really dont understand how the justice system works do you?
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
You really dont understand how the justice system works do you?
Well then why don't you tell me what you think I've gotten wrong and you'll get your answer.
AngeryPenguin
Well then why don't you tell me what you think I've gotten wrong and you'll get your answer.
If someone provokes you and you hit them, that's still a crime you've just committed. You feeling they are bad people has no effect on the legality of hitting them.

Or, put in a way you might be more familiar with: Laws don't care about your feelings.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If someone provokes you and you hit them, that's still a crime you've just committed. You feeling they are bad people has no effect on the legality of hitting them.

Or, put in a way you might be more familiar with: Laws don't care about your feelings.
And if someone assaults your companions, violently or sexually you are not allowed to defend them by force?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol, I just can't imagine someone like Trump using hashtags like #FreeRocky
AngeryPenguin
And if someone assaults your companions, violently or sexually you are not allowed to defend them by force?
That's not self-defence. Assuming Sweden is like the UK, if someone else is attacked, you should call the police. That's it. And even in self-defence, you would get in trouble for using disproportional force - you should only use the minimum force necessary to get yourself out of danger. You don't use force to exact revenge, why would you think that should be allowed by the legal system?
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's not self-defence. Assuming Sweden is like the UK, if someone else is attacked, you should call the police. That's it. And even in self-defence, you would get in trouble for using disproportional force - you should only use the minimum force necessary to get yourself out of danger. You don't use force to exact revenge, why would you think that should be allowed by the legal system?
Did he suffer any sustainable injury in the attack?

What do you think the Swedish police would do? They don't exactly have a good track record of being of any use especially against immigrant crime. The social contract was broken years ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%