Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'll first describe his situation: My friend spent 4 years studying 1st year but failed every year so has never got to 2nd year. He received SFE funding for the first 2 years but paid out of pocket for the last 2 years.

He now wants to study an Allied Health Professional (AHP) course and is planning to get into it through this summer's clearing but I'm not sure if SFE will fund all his 3 years (given he doesn't fail any years).

My question is will he be eligible for SFE funding for all 3 years of the AHP course (if he is accepted) even though he has already spent 4 years at university (failed every year) and used up 2 years of SFE funding?

Sfe SFE Aaron SFE Andrew SFE Ashley SFE Chanel SFE Dean SFE Debbie SFE Erin SFE Erin N SFE Graeme SFE Holly SFE Isaac SFE Nihad SFE Rebecca SFE Tegan
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Student finance Student Finance England
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll first describe his situation: My friend spent 4 years studying 1st year but failed every year so has never got to 2nd year. He received SFE funding for the first 2 years but paid out of pocket for the last 2 years.

He now wants to study an Allied Health Professional (AHP) course and is planning to get into it through this summer's clearing but I'm not sure if SFE will fund all his 3 years (given he doesn't fail any years).

My question is will he be eligible for SFE funding for all 3 years of the AHP course (if he is accepted) even though he has already spent 4 years at university (failed every year) and used up 2 years of SFE funding?

Sfe SFE Aaron SFE Andrew SFE Ashley SFE Chanel SFE Dean SFE Debbie SFE Erin SFE Erin N SFE Graeme SFE Holly SFE Isaac SFE Nihad SFE Rebecca SFE Tegan
As AHP courses are generally exception courses, your friend should (in theory) be able to get that course funded by Student Finance.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I can confirm what PhoenixFortune said is correct.
Thanks, Isaac.
(Original post by Anonymous)

(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
As AHP courses are generally exception courses, your friend should (in theory) be able to get that course funded by Student Finance.
rabyaalessa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi,
I can confirm what PhoenixFortune said is correct.
Thanks, Isaac.
Hi, I was wondering if I would get funding for Bsc physiotherapy as a second degree?

My course has just recently been accredited and here is the link incase you need it:

https://www.stmarys.ac.uk/undergraduate/physiotherapy

I saw on a previous thread that online applications are sometimes rejected as the system does not recognise that physiotherapy is a exception course, so will need to send in a paper application. Is this true? and how long will this take?

Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rabyaalessa)
Hi, I was wondering if I would get funding for Bsc physiotherapy as a second degree?

My course has just recently been accredited and here is the link incase you need it:

https://www.stmarys.ac.uk/undergraduate/physiotherapy

I saw on a previous thread that online applications are sometimes rejected as the system does not recognise that physiotherapy is a exception course, so will need to send in a paper application. Is this true? and how long will this take?

Thank you!
Hi, yes this is an exception course so you should be funded. If you are an SFE applicant then you should be able to apply online. Please allow up to 6 weeks to be assessed.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (133)
28.54%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.52%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (91)
19.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.66%
No - I live at home during term anyway (134)
28.76%

Watched Threads