The Student Room Group

Is it too late to join a society in 3rd year of uni?

I have gone through my first two years of university very much enjoying myself however I feel as if I haven't made as many friends as I could/should have.
I am wondering if it is too late to join a society in third year as i want to make more friends whilst i have the chance at university. I am worried third year will be too intense (I do a biological sciences degree with a large project dissertation to write).
If anyone has any advice please let me know!

Thank you! x
Absolutely not. Go for it, I’m going into my 4th/5th year and looking to join new societies. They won’t care you’re in your final year, if you’re busy I’d recommend not committing to a sport team which is competitive and requires compulsory training If you don’t feel like you can make the commitment but seriously get involved, you might regret it if you don’t.
Reply 2
Defiantly you should try. Honestly I found that in many societies there're already formed groups that hang out outside the societies, and it might be hard to get into those. I would suggest bonding with people who are also new.
It is never too late, third year students are more than welcome in any society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending