The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Freshers' Week

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Blublub
Do you know which accomodation you will be in yet? Ill be in Murano Street and it says on my contract that I can move in on the 12th...I also e-mailed them and told them that Ill arrive on the 12th and I think thats ok...I did not pre-book my accomodation, for me this is the official start of my contract, maybe it is different in the other halls of residences...dont really know...:confused:

Im Murano too, the thing that confuses me is that it says the 12th on the contract, but then somewhere else it says you can only move in on the 14th!

I really don't want to miss out on the stuff going on on the weekend y'know? Anything to prolong the fresher experience...

Anyhow, you looking forward to it? are you small or large flats?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Im Murano too, the thing that confuses me is that it says the 12th on the contract, but then somewhere else it says you can only move in on the 14th!

I really don't want to miss out on the stuff going on on the weekend y'know? Anything to prolong the fresher experience...

Anyhow, you looking forward to it? are you small or large flats?

Yeah, Ive read it somewhere, too, that you cannot move in before SEptember 14th but I think it says September 14th 2007 and not 2008...if I remember it correctly =)
and if it says September 12th in the contract than it is for definite that you can move in on the 12th I think! Therefore I am like 100% sure that we can move in on the 12th...Ill definitely move in on the 12th as Ive booked my flight for that date :wink:
Yeah, I know, Im really looking forward for the stuff going on on the weekend plus fresherΒ΄s week =)
Im in the small flats =) and thats basically all I wanted (apart from a non-sharing room :wink:)...Which flats are you in?

No no, you could go. It doesn't take long to move in really, Cheesy Pop starts at 10 and goes on til 3. It usually doesn't really pick up til just after 11. So as long as you're there before curfew at 2am you'll get in.
See you there!

Well, that sounds really cool...suppose I can just put my suitcase in my room, get to know my flatmates, get myself ready and then go to the QM, sounds like a cool idea to me =)...
Reply 22
Blublub
Yeah, Ive read it somewhere, too, that you cannot move in before SEptember 14th but I think it says September 14th 2007 and not 2008...if I remember it correctly =)
and if it says September 12th in the contract than it is for definite that you can move in on the 12th I think! Therefore I am like 100% sure that we can move in on the 12th...Ill definitely move in on the 12th as Ive booked my flight for that date :wink:
Yeah, I know, Im really looking forward for the stuff going on on the weekend plus fresherΒ΄s week =)
Im in the small flats =) and thats basically all I wanted (apart from a non-sharing room :wink:)...Which flats are you in?

okaay...panic over! Well was more a state of confusion then panic...

Im in large flats, small flats looked really nice when I went on the tour, I guess im just a person that likes a larger selection of people to live with! Ooh cheesy pop on the friday sounds good, it's all coming around so fast.
Reply 23
Yeah, had a look at Cairncross and I didnt like the large flats that much...think its just that they looked like a floor in a youth hostel to me...but then you are right, its sooo much easier to get to know people when you live together with 12 people..plus there will be good house parties as well...and its bad if you dont like your roommates if there are just 4 of them =P
..but well...hope Ill live together with nice room mates =)
Reply 24
Blublub
Yeah, had a look at Cairncross and I didnt like the large flats that much...think its just that they looked like a floor in a youth hostel to me...but then you are right, its sooo much easier to get to know people when you live together with 12 people..plus there will be good house parties as well...and its bad if you dont like your roommates if there are just 4 of them =P
..but well...hope Ill live together with nice room mates =)

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter where you sleep, you'll meet so many other people outside your flat! and get invited to the parties so its all good. Just out of interest what subject are you taking?
Ahh...je suis tres excite!!! :smile:

Can we just start uni now? Please please?

Hehe!
Reply 26
I am jealous, I can't sort out accomodation til my offer is unconditional.
Hopeful for August 14th!
Reply 27
Still no official word on what acts are playing etc.
What would your prefect FW line-up be?
Mine would be
Slow Club and Noah and the Whale supporting Sigur Ros and Radiohead. And Dylan Moran for a comedy night. With Bill Bailey.
Radiohead and Mogwai for the main acts, Frankie Boyle doing standup. Unbeatable FW.
Reply 29
I think my birthday is going to be during freshers week - Friday 19th September. Is that a good or a bad thing? :p:

FyreFight
Frankie Boyle doing standup

You had my hopes up for a second there. If only. :frown:
Reply 30
TomQMU
Still no official word on what acts are playing etc.
What would your prefect FW line-up be?
Mine would be
Slow Club and Noah and the Whale supporting Sigur Ros and Radiohead. And Dylan Moran for a comedy night. With Bill Bailey.

Brand New and Placebo for wonderfulness, Pendulum and Mindless Self Indulgence for dancing.

A girl can dream...
Reply 31
Toni_bean
Brand New and Placebo for wonderfulness, Pendulum and Mindless Self Indulgence for dancing.

A girl can dream...

MSI played the QM a few months ago, and I think Placebo have played here before. MSI were INSANE.:woo:
Reply 32
TomQMU
MSI played the QM a few months ago, and I think Placebo have played here before. MSI were INSANE.:woo:

Aww man, I missed that?

Will have to make up for that at reading fest :smile:

sorry to keep harrassing you dear, will our freshers packs come soon? and when about will you guys announce the line up?
Reply 33
Toni_bean

sorry to keep harrassing you dear, will our freshers packs come soon? and when about will you guys announce the line up?

Harass away, I'm only at work :wink:
The SRC deal with the freshers packs, email [email protected], that might work.
But I didn't send you!!
Also the line-up wont be announced for a good long time, probably start of Sept. Just to keep you in suspense and guessing and getting excited!
Reply 34
From http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentinformation/freshersweek/timeline/#d.en.38938 :

You can expect to receive your Freshers’ Welcome pack approximately 5-7 working days after we have confirmed your place at the University. If you have not received your Welcome pack you may check all Welcome pack information at the University Freshers' Week website. This includes the Freshers' pass information.
Reply 35
TomQMU
From http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentinformation/freshersweek/timeline/#d.en.38938 :

You can expect to receive your Freshers’ Welcome pack approximately 5-7 working days after we have confirmed your place at the University. If you have not received your Welcome pack you may check all Welcome pack information at the University Freshers' Week website. This includes the Freshers' pass information.

Erm.....yeah. I was confirmed about a year ago so I don't think this really applies to me. So confusing! I'll just email them I guess...
Reply 36
Any luck with that Toni?
Yeah, I'd be interested to know what they say too, because I haven't heard anything about FW from the Uni.
Reply 38
I'm getting really excited about FW now :biggrin:!!

I haven't received any kind of information from the uni and my place was confirmed on June :s-smilie:.
Reply 39
No, they havent replied yet....

but saw that you guys will be announcing the bands on monday! excitement.....

Quick Reply

Latest