The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Freshers' Week

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The freshers pack came today, seems as though there is a freshers ball at the QMU, sounds fun! so whats that like?

Do people get all dressed up?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
TomQMU
Ahh, umm, eh.
I'll get back to you on that one :biggrin:
I think the plan was to have a prom-style dressey-up thing but without the awfulness of school proms. It's the first time we've tried something like this (apart from in the 1890's!!) and it should be a blast. You up for getting dressed up?

Hellz yeah, all part of the fun- tradition of everybody getting dressed up then invalidating it by getting wasted, who would want to miss out on that!?

I say anyway.

So this is the first freshers ball since then?
Reply 42
TomQMU
Ahh, umm, eh.
I'll get back to you on that one :biggrin:
I think the plan was to have a prom-style dressey-up thing but without the awfulness of school proms. It's the first time we've tried something like this (apart from in the 1890's!!) and it should be a blast. You up for getting dressed up?

Wonderful. And thanks to the University Summer School I've already got someone to ask. :yep:
I've also got a few questions regarding Freshers' Week:
1. Is it possible to purchase tickets for single events rather than getting a Fresher's Pass?
2. Which events can be accessed without a Fresher's Pass (what about Freshers' Fair for instance)?
3. Is Freshers' Week open to exchange students?
Reply 44
England Fan
I've also got a few questions regarding Freshers' Week:
1. Is it possible to purchase tickets for single events rather than getting a Fresher's Pass?
2. Which events can be accessed without a Fresher's Pass (what about Freshers' Fair for instance)?
3. Is Freshers' Week open to exchange students?

1. No, you buy a pass for the whole week. (worth it, really)
2. Most day-time events, and possibly the fair, not sure if they check.
3. I think so. I'd be suprised if it wasn't.
Reply 45
I have just been on the Glasgow Fresher´s page and it has been updated a bit..you should check out the programme...lol..this just as some info by the way...:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentinformation/freshersweek/timetable/
Reply 46
Blublub
I have just been on the Glasgow Fresher´s page and it has been updated a bit..you should check out the programme...lol..this just as some info by the way...:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentinformation/freshersweek/timetable/

Yeah I saw that, Foam Party & School night at the GU! not bad....

really want to know whats going down at the QM though, guess we will know by tomorrow:smile:
Reply 47
Toni_bean
Yeah I saw that, Foam Party & School night at the GU! not bad....

really want to know whats going down at the QM though, guess we will know by tomorrow:smile:

Yeah...when I found out that the webside has been updated I thought that I might find something out about the QMU...but nooo....but tomorrow we will know more =D
Reply 48
Hehe...really excited for the programme being released on your shiny happy site :wink:
Reply 49
I received a welcome pack today!
But there wasn't the information I need to pre-register in websurf :confused:. And I'm also very confused about the fact that you can only pay for your freshers' pass by sending a cheque or using a postal order. In Finland we don't use cheques and I don't even know what a postal order is :s-smilie:! So how am I supposed to pay for it!?
Reply 50
momaha
I received a welcome pack today!
But there wasn't the information I need to pre-register in websurf :confused:. And I'm also very confused about the fact that you can only pay for your freshers' pass by sending a cheque or using a postal order. In Finland we don't use cheques and I don't even know what a postal order is :s-smilie:! So how am I supposed to pay for it!?

What do you mean about not having the info to pre-register? Did they send you a matriculation number? ie. 0812345
With the freshers pass you can buy it when you get to glasgow, think you can pay cash. When are you getting here? If you are here on Friday 12th before 5 or so, I'd think you could pick it up from somewhere. Or maybe call the SRC/uni and see if you can pay by card, explain your situation.
Reply 51
TomQMU
What do you mean about not having the info to pre-register? Did they send you a matriculation number? ie. 0812345
With the freshers pass you can buy it when you get to glasgow, think you can pay cash. When are you getting here? If you are here on Friday 12th before 5 or so, I'd think you could pick it up from somewhere. Or maybe call the SRC/uni and see if you can pay by card, explain your situation.

No, I didn't get my matriculation number.. maybe they'll send it later?

So I don't need to buy the freshers' pass beforehand? I can get it once I get there? I'm arriving on Friday 12th and probably before 5. I think I'll just e-mail the SRC and ask.
Reply 52
Ok. I sent them an e-mail and they answered very quickly. I can get my pass from SRC office when I get there and pay by cash. The only thing is that I have to be really quick to get to the office because its only open til 4 on fridays and my flight is probably going to be in Glasgow around 2. Otherwise I will miss all the weekend action :eek:!
Reply 53
momaha
Ok. I sent them an e-mail and they answered very quickly. I can get my pass from SRC office when I get there and pay by cash. The only thing is that I have to be really quick to get to the office because its only open til 4 on fridays and my flight is probably going to be in Glasgow around 2. Otherwise I will miss all the weekend action :eek:!

You won't miss the weekend action, don't worry. FW starts on the Monday, the weekend isn't part of it.
Reply 54
TomQMU
You won't miss the weekend action, don't worry. FW starts on the Monday, the weekend isn't part of it.

Oh thats great then :biggrin:!

I've been organizing everything this weekend and today and starting to get more and more excited and nervous..
Reply 55
AT LAST, what you have all been waiting for,
THE LINE-UP!
Wayhey! :smile:

I'm excited even more now!

Let's just pray to god I get in!:P
Reply 57
Oh My God!!!! Hayseed Dixie!!!! I love you so so much!!!!!
Tom! You're irish? :smile: me too!
Reply 59
Toni_bean
Oh My God!!!! Hayseed Dixie!!!! I love you so so much!!!!!

Yes you do.

Also yes Stace, I am Irish, but the real kind :wink:
There are loads of Norn Irish in Glasgow, loads.

I can't wait for FW, it's not too far away!! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest