Results Day 2019: Post your AS results! Watch

chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
We're closing in on results day!

Good luck to everyone picking up results! I hope everyone gets the grades they hoped for. We're rooting for you!

We know results day can be super stressful so we've set up loads of resources to give you all the advice you should need. Advisors are also on hand to answer questions and to provide advice and support if you need it. Be sure to join in the conversation in the A-Levels forum too!

In this thread you can post your subjects, predicted grades, and your achieved grades. In the template below, there's also space to leave a comment or reaction. Let us know how you're feeling and what your plans are moving forward!

Please use the template below to let us know how you got on!

AS Results

Subject: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

Comments/Reactions

Comments go here :woo:
AliKhaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
AS Results

Business: Predicted B / Achieved A
Economics: Predicted A / Achieved A
Computer Science: Predicted C/D / Achieved B

Comments/Reactions

Really amazed with my grades. My expectations were way less than what i got!
Last edited by AliKhaki; 3 days ago
Anna191817
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Geog 1: 120/120 (A)
Geog 2: 78/80 (A)
Chem 1: 90/100 (A)
Chem 2:100/100 (A)
Biol 1: 100/100 (A)
Biol 2:100/100 (A)

I also got full marks in one of my Welsh Bac modules. I’m so sorry to brag. I can’t do it anywhere else because I don’t want to piss off my friends and my brother’s awaiting his gcse results so I don’t want to add pressure
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by Anna191817)
Geog 1: 120/120 (A)
Geog 2: 78/80 (A)
Chem 1: 90/100 (A)
Chem 2:100/100 (A)
Biol 1: 100/100 (A)
Biol 2:100/100 (A)

I also got full marks in one of my Welsh Bac modules. I’m so sorry to brag. I can’t do it anywhere else because I don’t want to piss off my friends and my brother’s awaiting his gcse results so I don’t want to add pressure
Congratulations - these are amazing results! Be proud of yourself, and it's so nice that you have so much consideration for others. We're celebrating for you at TSR!
eclipseboi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi guys
I only had one AS result:

AQA Further Maths- Predicted D / Achieved A

Very surprised, considering I struggled a lot this year and missed out the back page of one of the papers accidentally (10 marks/160).

I'll be applying to Oxford soon for History and Economics! Time to read some books, I guess.
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B
Geography: Predicted B / Achieved C
Politics: Predicted B / Achieved C
Maths: Predicted B / Achieved D

I just feel like crap. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to post about my gyg. I just want to cry and I can't even do that. I am so gutted.

I will be predicted ABB next year and I can still apply to some universities of my choice but my options are limited because of my grades.

I just wanted to do so well I wanted to prove people wrong and I didn't get the grades that I wanted. The jump I have to make next year is large and I don't know if I can make it. I am so sad ;.;
finntacon
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by PureHeroine)
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B
Geography: Predicted B / Achieved C
Politics: Predicted B / Achieved C
Maths: Predicted B / Achieved D

I just feel like crap. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to post about my gyg. I just want to cry and I can't even do that. I am so gutted.

I will be predicted ABB next year and I can still apply to some universities of my choice but my options are limited because of my grades.

I just wanted to do so well I wanted to prove people wrong and I didn't get the grades that I wanted. The jump I have to make next year is large and I don't know if I can make it. I am so sad ;.;
Hey,

I'm in the same boat...

Spanish: Predicted A/Achieved A
Geography: Predicted A/ Achieved C
German: Predicted B/Achieved C
Maths: Predicted B/Achieved D

I'm thinking of taking some resit exams. Maybe see if they're available for you, to try and bump up your grade. You can additionally apply using your GCSE and AS, perhaps increasing your chance of a conditional offer? Try and keep your head up, still a year left and a lot can change!
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by finntacon)
Hey,

I'm in the same boat...

Spanish: Predicted A/Achieved A
Geography: Predicted A/ Achieved C
German: Predicted B/Achieved C
Maths: Predicted B/Achieved D

I'm thinking of taking some resit exams. Maybe see if they're available for you, to try and bump up your grade. You can additionally apply using your GCSE and AS, perhaps increasing your chance of a conditional offer? Try and keep your head up, still a year left and a lot can change!
:grouphugs:
I am considering retakes but I am not sure how to go about it. Like for certain subjects I mean. I tried to speak to staff at school but they were busy with so many students so I'm just puzzled as to what I can do about it.

Thank you so much I am trying to be positive even though I feel shattered about my hard work not really paying off. my GCSEs are good and I think I will be dropping math but yeah hopefully things get better.
finntacon
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by PureHeroine)
:grouphugs:
I am considering retakes but I am not sure how to go about it. Like for certain subjects I mean. I tried to speak to staff at school but they were busy with so many students so I'm just puzzled as to what I can do about it.

Thank you so much I am trying to be positive even though I feel shattered about my hard work not really paying off. my GCSEs are good and I think I will be dropping math but yeah hopefully things get better.
Wait till it all dies down. Some exam board let you order your exam scripts for free (Edexcel I know for sure is free) so that you and/or your teachers can go through them together. Exam resits also depend on the exam board, I do IAL so there are resit opportunities in October for certain subjects and most in January... again email someone to see your options, perhaps the Head of 6th form or your tutor.

Remember, you've still got a year to fix this! I'm starting to organise my notes and get ready for revision already! I'm dropping maths too and my GCSEs should help! Always remember to talk to someone if you feel like you can't take anymore, you're almost there!
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by finntacon)
Wait till it all dies down. Some exam board let you order your exam scripts for free (Edexcel I know for sure is free) so that you and/or your teachers can go through them together. Exam resits also depend on the exam board, I do IAL so there are resit opportunities in October for certain subjects and most in January... again email someone to see your options, perhaps the Head of 6th form or your tutor.

Remember, you've still got a year to fix this! I'm starting to organise my notes and get ready for revision already! I'm dropping maths too and my GCSEs should help! Always remember to talk to someone if you feel like you can't take anymore, you're almost there!
Yea I think I need to research it more for the deadlines and stuff.
Thanks yeah I will definitely email my teachers.

Definitely I appreciate this so much tysm
roti-queen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I got an A in AS further maths!
CoolR2
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
A in Biology
A in Chemistry
A in Maths
A in Business Studies
(I’m from NI where a levels are modular ie. the AS grade counts for 40% of overall a level grade)
tacobeth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Sociology: predicted an A, got a B
Psychology: predicted a B, got a B
Biology: predicted an E, got a U

pretty unsuccessful lmao
Ahmed.M.Tag
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Mathematics CIE 9709: Predicted A / Achieved A
Biology CIE 9700: Predicted A / Achieved A
Chemistry CIE 9701: Predicted A / Achieved A

Physics CIE 9702: Predicted A / Achieved A

CIE-Cambridge International Examinations

Completely expected as I studied my ass off during the entire year. Honestly, if I got a b or anything other than an A then I would be super depressed.
Well I am happy with my results and my uni wanted 4A's anyways so I also managed to get in as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (65)
17.76%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (230)
62.84%
Not yet but I am planning to (19)
5.19%
Not yet but I might (52)
14.21%

Watched Threads