Want more information about this university?

What do you learn in Optometry first year at Aston university?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to just prepare myself for the course when I start in September, what should I have a look through/learn?

Thank you
Kitten261002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I want to do optometry too in Aston. Starting A levels in September.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would like to just prepare myself for the course when I start in September, what should I have a look through/learn?

Thank you
Anonymous #1
That's great to hear
Wish you all the best!
(Original post by Kitten261002)
I want to do optometry too in Aston. Starting A levels in September.
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All of our courses are designed so that you're bought up to speed in the first year, so prior reading isn't essential. You're allowed to enjoy your summer after all the hard work you put into your exams.

However if you're not to be deterred my best advice would be look at the modules for our first year optometry course and read around those areas. You could perhaps even teach yourself how to reference to get a head start.

Josh
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much. This has put me at ease.
I did the foundation programme this year at Aston for Optometry, hence I'm aware of how to reference
Thank you.
(Original post by Aston University)
All of our courses are designed so that you're bought up to speed in the first year, so prior reading isn't essential. You're allowed to enjoy your summer after all the hard work you put into your exams.

However if you're not to be deterred my best advice would be look at the modules for our first year optometry course and read around those areas. You could perhaps even teach yourself how to reference to get a head start.

Josh
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did the foundation programme this year at Aston for Optometry, hence I'm aware of how to reference
Thank you.
You've most likely got a head start already then,

Congratulations on successfully moving onto the Optometry course from one of our foundation programmes.

Josh
Nursss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you.
Hey, how hard was the foundation program im planning on doing a foundation year as well was the course content hard. Also is is more biology based or physics
Kitten261002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Aston University)

Josh
Is optometry more physics based, or biology based?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Kitten261002)
Is optometry more physics based, or biology based?
I would say its more of a 50-50 split!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.53%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (125)
36.76%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
10%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.29%

Watched Threads