The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2020 entry **Official Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meiven_
1. Aerospace Engineering (maybe with a year abroad)
2. Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool, Southamption and Loughborough
3. ABB
4. 777766666MM4 (P.E is not the one)
5. EPQ and YT Video Creation

Hi, you’ve applied to all the same Universties And the same course that I have. The only difference is is that I would like to do an industry year instead.Have you recieved any offers yet?I recieved a Instantaneous offer from Liverpool and I have been put on hold by Bristol 🙃
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hi has anyone else been put on hold by Bristol for MEng Aersopace Engineering?? 🤨
1. pharmacology Msci
2. defo bristol and manchester, possibly newcastle and bath but I only really wanna go to bristol or manchester
3. A*A*A
4. 8A*s and 2As
Original post by annelovesyou
thought us Bristol applicants should have a thread so I’ve set this up ! feel free to give and ask for advice as we’re all in the same boat :smile:

to get this going ...
1. What course are you applying for?
2. What universities are you thinking of?
3. A level/ IB/ Higher predicted grades?
4. GCSE grades?
5. Extra curriculars?

@puddlesthemonkey

1. What course are you applying for? Law LLB
2. What universities are you thinking of? Bristol(obv), Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield
3. A level/ IB/ Higher predicted grades? D*D in Applied Science, A* in Sociology
4. GCSE grades? ABBBBBB
5. Extra curriculars? Did an internship with my local MP, went to westminster abbey for a day, form rep for my sixth form college, athletics
Reply 64
Course : Biochemistry (I’ve got a contextual offer: AAC or ABB)
Other unis : York (offer: AAB), Bath, Oxford, Exeter
GCSEs : 99999998A*A*
A level predictions : 3A*s in Biology, chemistry and maths
Original post by nathan_nacu
1. What course are you applying for? Law LLB
2. What universities are you thinking of? Bristol(obv), Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield
3. A level/ IB/ Higher predicted grades? D*D in Applied Science, A* in Sociology
4. GCSE grades? ABBBBBB
5. Extra curriculars? Did an internship with my local MP, went to westminster abbey for a day, form rep for my sixth form college, athletics

You might need to email Bristol! Some unis are very iffy with a betec for law and some say that they'd prefer one single BTEC with two A Levels. They may not reject you but they might give you an offer for criminology instead of law because of the BTEC, it happened to a few people last year.
Original post by Kali.kb
You might need to email Bristol! Some unis are very iffy with a betec for law and some say that they'd prefer one single BTEC with two A Levels. They may not reject you but they might give you an offer for criminology instead of law because of the BTEC, it happened to a few people last year.

Yeah I called them and they said they actually accept my qualification, it's listed on the LLB Law website with offers ranging from DDA* - D*DA* and the lady said since its a combination with my grades I'll be fine, I just have to hope I do really well on LNAT since Bristol uses that to make up 40% of the application, my practice score on the website with no prior LNAT knowledge was 23 and I've gotten a 26, just need to practice my essays and I'll be very confident. I may not get an offer but tbh I only decided to apply for Bristol last week when I saw my predicted grades were that high looool so at least I have to try. Leeds is still my first but if Bristol give an offer I'll be very happy
Yeah I called them and they said they actually accept my qualification, it's listed on the LLB Law website with offers ranging from DDA* - D*DA* and the lady said since its a combination with my grades I'll be fine, I just have to hope I do really well on LNAT since Bristol uses that to make up 40% of the application, my practice score on the website with no prior LNAT knowledge was 23 and I've gotten a 26, just need to practice my essays and I'll be very confident. I may not get an offer but tbh I only decided to apply for Bristol last week when I saw my predicted grades were that high looool so at least I have to try. Leeds is still my first but if Bristol give an offer I'll be very happy

Best of luck, last year I applied with a BTEC and two A Levels and I was even allowed to apply to oxford but I didnt know how it would work with two BTEC grades. Best of luck and if you do get in and chose Bristol, I may potentially bump into you in a lecture next year
Reply 68
1. What course are you applying for? Law LLB2. Bristol, LSE, King's, Durham, UCL3. A* A* A4. 7A*, 2A, 1B5. Internship at the United Nations, House of Commons and other law firms, Journalist, own my own business
Original post by law929
1. What course are you applying for? Law LLB2. Bristol, LSE, King's, Durham, UCL3. A* A* A4. 7A*, 2A, 1B5. Internship at the United Nations, House of Commons and other law firms, Journalist, own my own business

You're applying to 5 LNAT unis??? Best of luck omg
Original post by Kali.kb
Best of luck, last year I applied with a BTEC and two A Levels and I was even allowed to apply to oxford but I didnt know how it would work with two BTEC grades. Best of luck and if you do get in and chose Bristol, I may potentially bump into you in a lecture next year

U got in?!?! That’s making me feel better, how was ur LNAT?
U got in?!?! That’s making me feel better, how was ur LNAT?

Ahhh no I didnt get in, I withdrew from them because they took long to get back to me. I did apply to Durham and I got an offer and its just as competitive as Bristol so I wouldn't worry if I was you.

I got 24 on the LNAT but last year the average was 23 which was insane because a few people predicted 21
1) Psychology BSc.
2) Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter, Swansea, Aberystwyth
3) A*ABB in Psych, WBQ, Maths and English Lit
4) 1A* 2B’s 4C’s 4D’s 1E
5) I read a lot of Psychology books. 50+ Hours Volunteering with MIND. Shadowed a Psychotherapist for 2 weeks at a Californian medical school. I am currently part of a team building a satellite for this competition. Ranked #1 out of 20+ student in Advanced Psychology at Aber Summer School. And sports.

I’m trying to heavily make up for my less than mediocre GCSE’s so hopefully my PS helps. Also banking on that Contextual offer to slide through lol.

Do you guys think I have a chance?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 73
Thank you. It might have been foolish but I would rather take a year out than go to a uni I don't love!
Original post by Kali.kb
You're applying to 5 LNAT unis??? Best of luck omg
Original post by law929
Thank you. It might have been foolish but I would rather take a year out than go to a uni I don't love!

I get you, I'm taking a year out so I can at least give a uni that like a lot more a shot than the one I got into
Original post by annelovesyou
thought us Bristol applicants should have a thread so I’ve set this up ! feel free to give and ask for advice as we’re all in the same boat :smile:

to get this going ...
4. GCSE grades?
5. Extra curriculars?

@puddlesthemonkey

1. What course are you applying for? - Computer Science BSc
2. What universities are you thinking of? - Bristol of course :smile:, Imperial, Warwick, UCL, Bath, Nottingham, Birmingham
3. A level/ IB/ Higher predicted grades? - A*A*A*A - maths, physics, design and technology and further maths respectively
4. GCSE grades? - A^999999A*877A
5. Extra curriculars? - Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis (Ex County Champion) and Robotics as a hobby as well as programming

Could you give me some useful information on Bristol, I have never been there, What's the town like? What's the university like? ...
Know I'm a bit late to the party . But just thought I'd introduce myself.
I got my offer to Bristol 2 weeks ago but I'm not sure yet if it'll be one of my top 2.

Course: Theology and Religion
Other Unis: Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh and Birmingham (applying for liberal arts there)
GCSEs: 5A*s and 5As
AS levels: AAAC
Predicted: A*AAB
Extra curriculars: Girl guides and volunteering at a refugee centre (didn't really mention these in my personal statement though)
1. Biochemistry
2. Bristol, Warwick, Manchester, Durham and Lancaster
3. I haven't received them yet but probably around A*AA
4. 999877775
5. Summer school, lab work experience, further reading
Original post by emma64
Course : Biochemistry (I’ve got a contextual offer: AAC or ABB)
Other unis : York (offer: AAB), Bath, Oxford, Exeter
GCSEs : 99999998A*A*
A level predictions : 3A*s in Biology, chemistry and maths

I'm also applying for Biochem but looking at your grades for GCSE and A-level has made me really worried about my chances aha.
physics (:
bristol, durham, queens (belfast) and idk what my other 2 are im stressed
i havent been told yet but i think A*AA
AS
ABBB
4. GCSE grades?
5 A*s 3 As and a B
5. Extra curriculars
been attending astronomy lectures since i was 6, reading, summer schools, work experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending