The Student Room Group

How to not forget someone

OK so, a few years ago I met this amazing girl who gave me the confidence to change myself, but I was horrible to her and lost her, we never dated, we never got that far, but it's thanks to her who I am today.

Anyway, before I met her, there was my ex, who ruined my life and blocked me out of her's. Until I met the new girl, I tried to win my ex back and only ever thought about her, when I knew the new girl, which is why I was so mean, because I couldn't focus on the new girl.

Now however, three years after losing the new girl, who I haven't seen since, I am starting to forget her, I can't remember what she looked like and I'm starting to forget all the things we done together.

But the problem is, if I forget the new girl, I might fall back in love with my ex and have my life ruined again by her.

How can I stop myself from forgetting the new girl?
find another one?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
find another one?

That easy is it?
if the 'new girl' is gone now and doesn't want to come back there's nothing you can do except get over it :/
You didn't deserve her and she deserves someone who will treat her better. The way you brand her as the "new girl" is pretty objectifying and it's like you're still only using her because you "might fall back in love with your ex." Have some self-restraint.
(edited 4 years ago)
You make it sound like there are only 2 girls in the entire world.

Don't worry about whether you remember her or not. Embrace the natural passage of time.

Focus on today. What can you do today to maintain or enhance your professional working life and your social and love life?
Reply 6
Why not remember her?
Original post by Anonymous
OK so, a few years ago I met this amazing girl who gave me the confidence to change myself, but I was horrible to her and lost her, we never dated, we never got that far, but it's thanks to her who I am today.

Anyway, before I met her, there was my ex, who ruined my life and blocked me out of her's. Until I met the new girl, I tried to win my ex back and only ever thought about her, when I knew the new girl, which is why I was so mean, because I couldn't focus on the new girl.

Now however, three years after losing the new girl, who I haven't seen since, I am starting to forget her, I can't remember what she looked like and I'm starting to forget all the things we done together.

But the problem is, if I forget the new girl, I might fall back in love with my ex and have my life ruined again by her.

How can I stop myself from forgetting the new girl?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending