nicola2408
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,
I was offered a place in university for a Masters in Program and Project Management course but after speaking to friends they have advised it is better to do a Prince2 course and not bother with the Masters Degree. Could anyone help?
TheBright
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by nicola2408)
Hi,
I was offered a place in university for a Masters in Program and Project Management course but after speaking to friends they have advised it is better to do a Prince2 course and not bother with the Masters Degree. Could anyone help?
Hello nicola2408
I am in my last year of this course, but here it is referred to as a Masters in Project Planning and Management. I got into it to get into consultancy and to also start my own project management firm. So far, so good, I am graduating in December 2019.

Before you make a decision, please ask yourself the most important question, why you need the masters degree. In many cases, I advise people not to take a masters degree for a job promotion but mainly to improve on their skills, get into consultancy or start a business. In my opinion, taking a masters degree for a better position at work is often demoralizing especially when you start to realize you are not interested in the course at all when you are halfway through the course.

So, when you find out why you need the masters degree, then you will decide. Prince2 courses are also very good especially in the job market and for consultants. You really need to weigh your options first and find out the direction you want your career to take. I hope that helps you make a wise decision. All the best.
Regards.
nicola2408
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by TheBright)
Hello nicola2408
I am in my last year of this course, but here it is referred to as a Masters in Project Planning and Management. I got into it to get into consultancy and to also start my own project management firm. So far, so good, I am graduating in December 2019.

Before you make a decision, please ask yourself the most important question, why you need the masters degree. In many cases, I advise people not to take a masters degree for a job promotion but mainly to improve on their skills, get into consultancy or start a business. In my opinion, taking a masters degree for a better position at work is often demoralizing especially when you start to realize you are not interested in the course at all when you are halfway through the course.

So, when you find out why you need the masters degree, then you will decide. Prince2 courses are also very good especially in the job market and for consultants. You really need to weigh your options first and find out the direction you want your career to take. I hope that helps you make a wise decision. All the best.
Regards.
Thank you for your response. I just want to better myself and be more employable but if prince2 gets me the exact same result and takes a fraction of the time to complete would that not be better? Im just trying to weigh which is better and the reasons why.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (162)
58.91%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
24%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.09%

Watched Threads